Anyone been to a Sandals?

ACor58

I have not been to Sandals in the Bahamas, but went on my honeymoon to Sandals in St. Lucia and last year went to Sandals in Ocho Rios Jamaica. They do a really nice job there. You will not be disappointed. The Grand Bahamian is supposed to be one of their elite properties.

There is so much to do at their resorts, sailing, diving, and such and all of it is included. I paid extra and got my Scuba certification while I was at Sandals in Jamaica.

Have fun!!! To bad you had to get married to go. :thumbsup:

I jsut got back from the Bahamas earlier this month (not staying at the Sandals however), but I still made my way onto the property.

My g/f and I were down there for a wedding and coincidentally, two of my really good friends were staying at the Sandals the same week of the wedding (very small wedding which was taking place at the Sandals), along with everyone from the wedding party. We were staying right down the street at the Sheraton because we (as a couple) couldn't justify spending all of our money on an all-inclusive resort for a week when we wanted to experience the local restaurants and not be tied down to just eating/drinking at the resort.

We eventually rendezvoued with my really good friends and asked them how the Sandals was. They said that they weren't required to wear bracelets and in order to get back into the resort, they just had to state their last name and which room they were staying in, so it was seemingly possible for anyone to get in there as long as they knew the last name and room # of a couple that was staying there.

Later on that night, my g/f and I took a stab at trying to accomplish this feat and we took a cab down there, pulled up to the gate, told the guard "our last name" and "room #" and we were promptly ushered into the resort free to enjoy all the amentities that any paying guest would have been afforded.

To say the least, it was well worth it. There are a couple of places to eat; the Cricketeer (an Irish Pub), a swanky French style restaurant that requires reservations; a Japanese place; a comedy club; a piano bar. There are a few more places to go but we didn't go in and I can't really remember.

The place was immaculate however, pristine attention to detail to make it look like a roman/greek secret trove. Couple we're having a great time. The booze was plentiful. The views are spectacular as you have access to a private island about a half a mile away from the main resort. My friends did say there was a cockroach problem in their room and there were a lot of cockroaches on the property...we didn't see any at the Sheraton in our week of staying there.

It was a great time there and there were plenty of Honeymooners enjoying themselves. If you want to see the island and not be restricted to just one location, I would suggest the Atlantis. But if you just want to enjoy each other, then the Sandals should be perfect.

Good luck and have fun!

Another thing about Sandals is that they include 5 bottles of liquor in the room and they refill them each morning.

Great place to go if you and the Mrs. are raging alcoholics.

I am not an alchoholic. I just black out a lot.