Anybody else following the Champions League

Cugalabanza

The soccer fans among us (especially those of us that would love to play for Arsenal) may get a kick out this Nike English Football commercial that someone sent me:

Nike Ad

:D That is a great commerical! I abhor Nike but they do market themselves well

So you despise the new rich teams?

You probably don't like the Red Sox anymore.

Oh, this thread is about soccer... My bad!

:wallbash:

Exiled, i'm a Red Sox fan since 1988 and the Sox was one of the most popular teams in baseball even when they were losing year after year I respect the very rare Chelsea fans who were fans of the Blues ten years ago but that must represent about 10% of the current mass of Blues "fans" in the world ...

Exiled, i'm a Red Sox fan since 1988 and the Sox was one of the most popular teams in baseball even when they were losing year after year I respect the very rare Chelsea fans who were fans of the Blues ten years ago but that must represent about 10% of the current mass of Blues "fans" in the world ...

Nobody liked the Red Sox back then when they sucked for 100 years... Except maybe the local ChowderHeads and few weirdos...

:wallbash::wallbash:

Just never changed it... Being lazy I guess... After the crash, I lost my Plimsoll Line and have been "off keel" (avatarwise that is :wallbash::wallbash: ) ever since!

no but it's cool... after all while the Bills may not be America's team and are not yet Canada's team they're (with the Bears) Poland's team for sure!!

May 21st...Chelsea v. Man.U...let's get it on!!!!

Rooney and Ronaldo are gonna git-r-done!

Hope the Red Devils will beat the new rich Chelsea russians in the Final

Obviously when a team makes more money, they are marketed better and get a wider fan base to work with.

For me, Arsenal is the team I respect the most in England.

Who makes money? Chelsea's owner makes a lot... Chelsea FC? the way they handle their players and coaches (overpaying and "overfiring") I doubt they make a penny...

When Abramovich came in, they got a sudden inflow of funds to better market the team.

For me, Arsenal is the team I respect the most in England.

I can't help rooting for Fulham. They have a bunch of U.S. players that I know from the national team (Keller, Bocanegra, Dempsey, McBride, Johnson). With two games left, they have a faint chance of avoiding relegation. Incredible comeback last weekend against Man City. Three second half goals including one in extra time to win 3-2 to (barely) keep their hopes alive.