He Meazza!!

You still like the fact the Habs traded Huet for about nothing?!! ... Halak starting the next game?!!!

Um? According to the press, Carbo has not officially announced who is starting but said with a grin, "you'll know at 7". He will start Price.

But of course, keep parading about your little Huet who it took till he was 30 before he established himself some sort of respectable career.

You're the France version of Pierre Maguire i see.

But of course, keep parading about your little Huet who it took till he was 30 before he established himself some sort of respectable career.

you mean it took till he was 30 for NHL scouts to finally find him! He was an incredible talent winning games by himself when he was 21 and playing in my hometown of Grenoble...

Hope you loved yesterday's game!! The way things go Gainey will not even use the famous 2nd round pick he get for Huet himself! He's gonna be hang by the habs fan mob before!!

you mean it took till he was 30 for NHL scouts to finally find him! He was an incredible talent winning games by himself when he was 21 and playing in my hometown of Grenoble...

Hope you loved yesterday's game!! The way things go Gainey will not even use the famous 2nd round pick he get for Huet himself! He's gonna be hang by the habs fan mob before!!

Actually the Habs didn't lose because of their goaltending. They lost because they couldn't put it in the net. I doubt anyone is second-guessing him after bringing his team from 9th to 1st after 1 season.

But I appreciate your useless input :thumbsup:

I doubt anyone is second-guessing him after bringing his team from 9th to 1st after 1 season.

you want names? i can give you names and adresses of about 10 Habs fans i know who'd like to hang Gainey at the nearest tree right now!!!

It worked for Laviolette in CAR when they won the Cup... Didn't he pull Gerber in the ECF and bring in Ward?

So what? even if the Habs win the Cup that does not make that trade smart. You don't weaken (and even if that means you strenghten it in two years) your team a few weeks before the playoffs when you can actually win them...

So what? even if the Habs win the Cup that does not make that trade smart. You don't weaken (and even if that means you strenghten it in two years) your team a few weeks before the playoffs when you can actually win them...

:wallbash: My bad, I thought you were talking about pulling Price... Not the trade!

Weaken in what sense? Would Huet have beaten Philly? Oh wait, he didn't...

He made a choice for his starting goalie of the future, and it finishes there.

Weaken in what sense??!!... you have a starting goalie, you trade him for a player that will play at the earliest next season: you have weakened your team!

I don't think you will find someone in the NHL that'll tell you you're better starting the playoffs with Price and Halak than with Price and Huet!

Ridiculous argument. You're pretty much stating the Washington's team is the equivalent of Montreal's. That's positively stupid.

There was little reason to make that choice at this time...

Ridiculous argument. You're pretty much stating the Washington's team is the equivalent of Montreal's. That's positively stupid.

There was little reason to make that choice at this time...

Washington in my opinion was a better team than Philly. I watched pretty much every game and Huet was less than spectacular except for that one game that went into double OT (and yes I do have a negative bias towards him, so sue me).

He made the choice when Montreal was in the bottom feed of the EC. They were not that close to catching Ottawa if i remember correctly and I sincerely doubt that Carbo or Gainey thought that MTL would finish first in their respective conference. They wanted to make their rookie play as much as possible. He went on to have a strong record to finish off the season.

Weaken in what sense??!!... you have a starting goalie, you trade him for a player that will play at the earliest next season: you have weakened your team!

I don't think you will find someone in the NHL that'll tell you you're better starting the playoffs with Price and Halak than with Price and Huet!

At the time they traded him what place were they? I think they were 7th. They were barely fighting for a playoff spot. They had someone in mind to be the starting goalie of the future for this team for years to come with a crop of young players. Did they expect the team to all of a sudden burst on to the scene as the #1 team in the EC?