Ralph was right

In a playoff game?

Making a snap judgement from a season finale that had zero meaning to both teams involved?

Far from a push...

You assume the midget would have won that game. RJ had that game won when he left the field. Flutie is O-1 in playoff games for the Bills. In fact he fumbled the ball on Miami's 1yd line with seconds left. Funny how no one remembers that.

PTR

You assume the midget would have won that game. RJ had that game won when he left the field. Flutie is O-1 in playoff games for the Bills. In fact he fumbled the ball on Miami's 1yd line with seconds left. Funny how no one remembers that.

PTR

I remember that!!

You assume the midget would have won that game.

Never said he would.

But making a snap judgement to switch QBs when your team is 10-6 and your backup lit it up in a meaningless game is hardly a wise move. In fact, it's downright dumb.

Flutie is O-1 in playoff games for the Bills. In fact he fumbled the ball on Miami's 1yd line with seconds left. Funny how no one remembers that.

PTR

As for Flutie, he got body slammed on that play because of our sh-- offensive line. That season, he helped the team overcome an 1-3 start to finish 10-6 and earned a Pro Bowl berth.

Funny how no one remembers that. :thumbsup:

PTR

I do but I still wanted Flutie to play, if nothing else because I liked the fact that he was a winner. RJ was clearly better measurable-wise, but he either couldn't get it done, or he always got hurt. Either way his confidence was crap, and it was obvious that the rest of the team saw that.

Ultimately all we accomplished was looking ridiculous...but it was fun yelling "Flutieeeee". I never in a million years thought that would bring us Frankensloe, Donahoe, and the mess that followed.

Never said he would.

But making a snap judgement to switch QBs when your team is 10-6 and your backup lit it up in a meaningless game is hardly a wise move. In fact, it's downright dumb.

As for Flutie, he got body slammed on that play because of our sh-- offensive line. That season, he helped the team overcome an 1-3 start to finish 10-6 and earned a Pro Bowl berth.

Funny how no one remembers that. :thumbsup:

What I remember was that the ol' Flutie magic was missing because every def coordinator had the book on Doug. He was pretty ineffective down the stretch that year and we limped into the playoffs. I don't blame Ralph for forcing a switch. Frankly I wanted to give Flutie the hook too.

P.S...Funny how you're making excuses for Flutie fumbling that ball yet RJ gets blamed for the Music City Miracle when he had that game won.

PTR

What I remember was that the ol' Flutie magic was missing because every def coordinator had the book on Doug. He was pretty ineffective down the stretch that year and we limped into the playoffs. I don't blame Ralph for forcing a switch. Frankly I wanted to give Flutie the hook too.

Limped into the playoffs? The team was 3-1 in November and 2-1 in December when Flutie sat out the season finale -- that's hardly limping. He wasn't a prolific passer, but the offense was a smashmouth running offense -- ultimately our owner (and many fans) had a hardon for the young $25M gun-slinger riding the pine and were captivated by his potential. I can't blame Ralph for wanting to see what his $25M was getting him... but wrong place, wrong time.

P.S...Funny how you're making excuses for Flutie fumbling that ball yet RJ gets blamed for the Music City Miracle when he had that game won.

I have nothing against RJ, to tell you the truth -- it's not his fault that he got the nod and it's not his fault that the team lost to the Titans -- but it was still a classic case of a meddlesome owner undermining his coaching staff.