My crack at the Bills Draft & the Draft Coverage

PIZ

I had planned on watching NFL Network exclusively, but it seemed very boring to me. Too much Faulk and guys who only know the big names. Not enough Mayock. So I switched to ESPN, but they too only talked about the big names, and top 8 picks. ESPN seems to have a new darling team, and that is the Dallas Cowboys, who they talked about every 5 minutes. I also noticed what seemed to be a riff between Berman and Mort, because on at least 2 occassions, Berman said something sarcastic, and Mort took it as "Berman doesn't know what he is talking about" and he tried to correct him, and Berman snapped back and said "I understand that!!!" Anyway, I'd rather have a show with Kiper, Mayock, and McShay - at least they are entertaining.

For the draft:

1. Leodis McElvin - I wasn't crazy about it at first, but we need more good defensive backs if we are going to stop Moss and every other big WR in the leage. Plus he gives us our own Devin Hester. I originally wanted Devin Thomas, but after seeing him on TV Saturday (I'm positive he was only featured because everyone thought he was going 11) I started having second thoughts - Just something about him that I don't like.

2. James Hardy - awesome to have a 6' 6" WR to throw to. What CB in the league could cover him?

3. Chris Ellis - he is arrogant, but so was Bruce Smith. This defense needs some attitude.

4. Derek Fine - one Bills scout called him the most complete TE in the draft - good enough for me. I only know about these guys from reading mags and searching the web, so why would I know any better?

4. Reggie Corner - a cornerback with the last name corner - how could you go wrong? We need more defensive backs.

5. Alvin Bowen - Lombardi on NFL Network said he was an awesome pick and perfect for what our D does.

6. Xavier Omon - can this guy play FB?

7. Demetrius Bell - athletic project OT. The next Jason Peters?

7. Steve Johnson - Could be the surprise of the draft. I have a good feeling about him.