Oman vs. Wright

Astrobot

In 2006, with Fresno State, Wright rolled up an unexpected 1,462 rushing yards (5.6 avg.) with 11 touchdowns to finish eighth in the nation in rushing. He finished second on the team in receptions with 29 catches for 221 yards and a score in 2006. He had a school record-breaking 295-yard rushing performance against Louisiana Tech.

2007: Played in 14 games and finished with 94 yards on 29 carries, (3.2 average), also posted three catches for 17 yards…Wright is 6'0, 220.

Omon, at the Division II level, had over 7,000 rushing yards in a remarkable four-year career that included 98 touchdowns. He is a four-time All-American, and he’s the only first college player to ever run for 1,500 yards in all four years. EVER. In ANY division. Omon is 5′11, 226.

"Pro Comparison: Reminds me a little bit of a slower Marshawn Lynch" (NFL Draft Watch).

I'd llike to see these two get some head-to-head work in training camp and in preseason against the same defenses, possibly alternating series in a couple of games.

This pick was the most baffling to me. He's another D Wright it seems. Another thing that bothered me is that we didn't draft any O linemen of note.

When I saw Mike McGlynn's name put up a few picks before ours in RD#4, I had my doubts about picking up a Center or a Guard in the draft. I saw McGlynn as the last of the better linemen in this draft.

This pick was the most baffling to me. He's another D Wright it seems.

I dont get why people keep saying this because they couldnt be any more different...Wright is a power straight ahead between the tackles back and Omon is a shifty scat kind of a back

maybe if people actually watched some of his videos and seen him run they wouldnt make completely misinformed statements like this

on another more important note...he was a 6th round pick, not a first, second or third...dont put too much thought into it