Starters... Guesstimate

Here's how I see it pre-camp... I think Fowler is our weakest offensive link still, we'll see if they bring in a UDFA or two...

I think Hardy will edge out Reed for the starting #2. I don't think Fine will beat out Royal to start the season.

Evans - Peters - Dockery - (Fowler) - Butler - Walker - Royal - Hardy

QB - Edwards

RB - Lynch

FB - Viti

On Defense...

I see the following:

McGee - Kelsay - Stroud - McCargo - Schobel - McKelvin (It's the McDonalds line....)

Crowell - Posluszny - Mitchell

Simpson - Whitner

There aren't any "weak" links per se... but McKelvin is a rookie and may not start right off, Poz & Simpson are unknown based on their return from injury.

Well... they don't usually run a FB... so, that's why I pencilled him in... I wanted to put Parrish in the slot... :w00t:

But the purists want a FB listed. He's the only true FB on the team...

Darian Barnes.

4 WR set that I really like:

Evans Hardy Reed Parrish

Keep Viti or Lynch into block/safety valve.

Hardy has to draw some safety attention leaving Evans able to run a double move deep.

Same thing really on the other side, even 1v1 over there.

Worst case scenario, the safety covers Evans deep the whole way leaving Hardy to beat his man 1v1 or simply use his body to get in position to receive the ball, coupled with Edwards quick release/info processing time, especially on an out pattern once Evans has cleared the zone, and that's an 8 yard play every time. They would have to start cheating down on Hardy to cover that, and that's when Evans starts catching 80 yard TDs. Don't forget, in that package, about our sack stingy O line.

Plus, you can run a lot of draws out of that, and I will give Lynch 3 to 1 on being able to get through the line and beat the first tackler in the backfield, or, waiting to release to one side with two WR blockers in front of him. In that case I would just as soon have Reed and Hardy on the same side so that they can brutalize the DBs, um Miami and Pats*, out there.

Ahh, creating chaos for defenses, my favorite thing. Now let's see if Turk can make it work in camp, and then actually call it during the games, and if DJ can see his way clear to let them run it on downs other than 3rd.

Here's how I see it pre-camp... I think Fowler is our weakest offensive link still, we'll see if they bring in a UDFA or two...

I think Hardy will edge out Reed for the starting #2. I don't think Fine will beat out Royal to start the season.

Evans - Peters - Dockery - (Fowler) - Butler - Walker - Royal - Hardy

QB - Edwards

RB - Lynch

FB - Viti

On Defense...

I see the following:

McGee - Kelsay - Stroud - McCargo - Schobel - McKelvin (It's the McDonalds line....)

Crowell - Posluszny - Mitchell

Simpson - Whitner

There aren't any "weak" links per se... but McKelvin is a rookie and may not start right off, Poz & Simpson are unknown based on their return from injury.

What will be interesting is what exactly will they do with this new offense and defense......

Will we actually take shots at the red zone on offense?

Will we gamble a bit more on defense?

OCinPhilly - I think you're spot on... even a 3 WR set (minus Reed) will be interesting - especially if Fine turns into a good recieving TE... Then you have options... which is what a good offense has...

Some sets are so telling as far as what they are doing for a play... I love it when you can line up and they don't know whether it'll be a pass, P/A, or Run... That's the OC too... hopefully our rookie OC will do alright... he's probably as weak a link as Fowler in terms of being unknown...

What will be interesting is what exactly will they do with this new offense and defense......

Will we actually take shots at the red zone on offense?

Will we gamble a bit more on defense?

I still see defenses rolling coverage towards evans with Hardy being a rookie. i like the idea of sending roscoe deep quite a bit from the slot now that we have a # 2. HE could have a huge year....Reed should see less and less of the field.

Defensively i see us counting on pressure from our front 4 now that we have stroud and the continued development of mccargo to free up our ends....although Kelsay is inadequate in my eyes. I dont see us sending more than 1 LB....as bad as our pass coverage was last year we need to prove we can stop the pass b/f sending big blitz packages.

On defense, I really hope James is starting over McKelvin. That would say a lot, that James still has it in him to be a good CB (and earned it in camp). And I'd rather have a 6'1 CB covering Moss than 5'10.

Also, you know the team will rotate everyone on the D-line a lot. So does it matters who starts? They will all get plenty of playing time.