New Dark Knight Posters

K-Gun10

Imagine what it would have been like if you were actually in NYC with buildings falling, people freaking and looting, the earthquake-like steps of some "thing", etc. You probably wouldn't have your wits about you, and your equilibrium would be a tad off. I was critical of the hand held technique used for "Friday Night Lights", cause it wasn't really necessary. But I think this technique was perfect for Cloverfield.

Ya think? :w00t:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The camera on a Pogo stick drove me crazy, Joe. :w00t:

That didn't bother me too much. It reminded me of a time when I let my dad handle the videocamera at the zoo while I pushed my son in the stroller. He hung it from his neck but left it on and we got 10 minutes of his feet and the ground.

What I didn't like; the first 20 minutes of superficial yuppies, the stupidity of all of them going back for the girl, and how do you walk around without any weapons (at least an iron bar) after being attacked in the subway. And that girl got around pretty good after being impaled on rebarb. Even my son who liked it thought some of their behavior wasn't believable.

I rented Cloverfield last week. I thought it was OK, but the actors were annoying. I would have preferred a traditional Godzilla style movie. A sequel is rumored based on either the videocamera of someone else on the Brooklyn Bridge, or the military's version.

That might be good!

That didn't bother me too much. It reminded me of a time when I let my dad handle the videocamera at the zoo while I pushed my son in the stroller. He hung it from his neck but left it on and we got 10 minutes of his feet and the ground.

What I didn't like; the first 20 minutes of superficial yuppies, the stupidity of all of them going back for the girl, and how do you walk around without any weapons (at least an iron bar) after being attacked in the subway. And that girl got around pretty good after being impaled on rebarb. Even my son who liked it thought some of their behavior wasn't believable.

the people's behavior was unbelievable... but not the huge monster ripping apart NYC?

cmon guys

i lol'ed, ill admit it.

I can only imagine how upset all these people would have been when folks were making jokes about Karen Carpenter or Natalie Wood.

Frankly, I wish they'd give me shiit for just making a bad joke. But tasteless? These days?

Jesus.

I can only imagine how upset all these people would have been when folks were making jokes about Karen Carpenter or Natalie Wood.

Frankly, I wish they'd give me shiit for just making a bad joke. But tasteless? These days?

Jesus.

I've always found it curious why people find humor in the tragedies of others. I guess I just don't get it.

I've always found it curious why people find humor in the tragedies of others. I guess I just don't get it.

because the equation/definition of "Comedy" is:

humor = tragedy + time

and im not trying to be cute. im dead serious. that is a well known, well taught definition. and i hardly classify some dumb actor who had the world handed to him flushing it all away for some pills/blow a "tragedy"

MLK jr being shot, tragedy

9/11, tragedy

some dumb 27 year old partying too much for his own good =/= tragedy

i guess im in the opposite boat aj. i dont understand this celebrity infatuated society weeping for days on CNN because anna nicole OD'ed.

its sad for her family, i guess. but if people are going to force this stuff on me, im not going to join in their pity party. no matter what celebrity OD's, i still have to go to work tomorrow. as do the rest of us.

because the equation/definition of "Comedy" is:

humor = tragedy + time

and im not trying to be cute. im dead serious. that is a well known, well taught definition. and i hardly classify some dumb actor who had the world handed to him flushing it all away for some pills/blow a "tragedy"

MLK jr being shot, tragedy

9/11, tragedy

some dumb 27 year old partying too much for his own good =/= tragedy

i guess im in the opposite boat aj. i dont understand this celebrity infatuated society weeping for days on CNN because anna nicole OD'ed.

its sad for her family, i guess. but if people are going to force this stuff on me, im not going to join in their pity party. no matter what celebrity OD's, i still have to go to work tomorrow. as do the rest of us.

That's a very cynical view, IMO. Sure, many people take recreational drugs because they enjoy getting high, and bad things happen. They know what they're getting into and sometimes you play with fire a bit too much. But not everyone has selfish reaons for using drugs. Some people have anxiety issues, sleep issues, stress issues, depression issues, etc, etc that only medications have proven to be effective, and these people often times have bad results, too.

When I think about Heath Ledger's death, I think about his little girl who will never have her father for the rest of her life. To me, that is tragic. I don't really see anything funny about it...that's just me. I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite, though, cause sometimes when someone posts a Darwin award story I find it funny. I guess I tend to take it situation by situation....and having seen his daughter in photos, that's what I think of.

I read that there was a debate whether to cut a scene where the Joker is thought to be dead and is put in a body bag, and then he "comes back to life", because it might be too tasteless in light of his death.

May be minor and might not even be in the movie, but please don't post spoilers without a warning.

Gee, if only Heath Ledger did the same thing.

I don't know if you have kids, but I'll bet you $100 that if given 20 or 30 minutes to interview you, I could come up with at least 3 things you're doing right now in your life that cavalierly place your child at greater risk for being fatherless than you should be doing. I would bet you another $100 that when I tell you what those three things are, you'd tell me that it doesn't mean you love your child any less because of it.

I don't know if you have kids, but I'll bet you $100 that if given 20 or 30 minutes to interview you, I could come up with at least 3 things you're doing right now in your life that cavalierly place your child at greater risk for being fatherless than you should be doing. I would bet you another $100 that when I tell you what those three things are, you'd tell me that it doesn't mean you love your child any less because of it.

doing massive amounts of pills and blow in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment on the other side of the country probably wont be one of them.

AJ, just let it go man.

doing massive amounts of pills and blow in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment on the other side of the country probably wont be one of them.

AJ, just let it go man.

there was no "blow" in his system....only prescription and cold meds.

there was no "blow" in his system....only prescription and cold meds.

that day

you see how we could go back and forth like this forever? why are you defending some guy you never even met? wait, dont answer that. im done with this... debate(?)

watch the comparison of the trailers. cool stuff!

that day

you see how we could go back and forth like this forever? why are you defending some guy you never even met? wait, dont answer that. im done with this... debate(?)

watch the comparison of the trailers. cool stuff!

I'm actually not meaning to defend anyone. I don't know the guy from Adam. I just said that I don't get what is humorous about people's tragedies. You guys are the ones who seem to know the guy pretty well :w00t:

I'm actually not meaning to defend anyone. I don't know the guy from Adam. I just said that I don't get what is humorous about people's tragedies. You guys are the ones who seem to know the guy pretty well :w00t:

fair enough, but when you see a 400lb lady fall off her bicycle, youre not allowed to laugh like the rest of us.

edit: youre the one that has to go pick her up

fair enough, but when you see a 400lb lady fall off her bicycle, youre not allowed to laugh like the rest of us.

edit: youre the one that has to go pick her up

Hey man, I've already called myself a hypocrite in that regard. So I'm prepared to piss my pants over it and there's not much you can do about it :w00t:

aaaaaanyways

on a much MUCH lighter note, check out this side by side comparison of the trailers for 1989's Batman vs 2008's Dark Knight

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1813453

crazy

That's really messed up! Someone is a lazy bastarge!