Which Rookie will have the biggest impact in 2008?

Anybody else catch this late yesterday on ESPN, the entire panel of "experts" was asked this question. I'm not a big fan of McShay but he said Leodis would instantly become the most dangerous returner in the league with the exception of D. Hester. I didn't realize that McKelvin returned 7 punts for TDs and 1 KR for a TD.

That would be fantastic if we needed a return man, which we don't. I personally want to know what he is going to do as a corner, I'm sry you don't draft a return man with the 11th pick in the draft you draft your #1 shut down CB for the next 7-10 years. With that being said I really like the pick and think he can be just that.

That would be fantastic if we needed a return man, which we don't. I personally want to know what he is going to do as a corner, I'm sry you don't draft a return man with the 11th pick in the draft you draft your #1 shut down CB for the next 7-10 years. With that being said I really like the pick and think he can be just that.

your right - if your miami you use your #9 pick on a return man!

I'm a little skeptical of his impact in the return game. He still has to beat out McGee on kickoffs and Parrish on punts, two of the best in the business at what they do.

Good point. And now we won't have to worry about our #1 CB getting hurt on KO returns as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Of course, we could put them both back there to keep teams from kicking away from McGee/Parrish.

They could try that, no doubt about it, but on the flip side, it would seem to mean that there's one less guy out there for his blocking ability than there otherwise might be.

Agreed. At #11, you have to get your primary starter at that position, not a ST players who can be a solid player at his position....You don't want a Ted Ginn pick there.....

I'm a little skeptical of his impact in the return game. He still has to beat out McGee on kickoffs and Parrish on punts, two of the best in the business at what they do.

My guess...and yes it is only a guess, is that he immediately takes over the #1 slot on punt returns.

Agreed. At #11, you have to get your primary starter at that position, not a ST players who can be a solid player at his position....You don't want a Ted Ginn pick there.....

He wasn't drafted to be a ST player; he was drafted to be a #1 shut-down corner. I don't think people realize that this potentially is the best corner prospect we've ever drafted. I can't recall when we ever drafted the top-rated corner in a draft.

He wasn't drafted to be a ST player; he was drafted to be a #1 shut-down corner. I don't think people realize that this potentially is the best corner prospect we've ever drafted. I can't recall when we ever drafted the top-rated corner in a draft.

Nate Clements was the top rated CB in 2001.

Yea we know thanx. Exactly what we said <_< . But the point of this thread is discussing his return skills which i don't understand. Why we are talking about his return skills more than what he can do as our #1 or #2 corner is beyond me.

Sure feels like a Ted Ginn pick when people are going on and on about the return skills. I don't even want to see him on ST personally look what happened to Chad Greenway and MIN last year or 2 years ago I don't remember, first game on ST knee injury and done for the year. 17th overall pick. what a waste.

he's an absolute shut down corner.

that said, the way to make an IMMEDAIT impact is in the return game. if he cracks 2 or 3 open for TDs he will get his credit.

we now have 3 guys who can bring the ball back all the way.

i think (hope) we will be recieving fewer kicks and way more punts, so to keep roscoe fresh mclovin will need to take a couple.

I want to see him against top notch talent. I still think McKelvin is a solid guy and all. I just want to see him play against better WR's. I hear he shut down Calvin Johnson a couple years ago.......

Its safe to say though Troy is producing some football studs as of late!

he's an absolute shut down corner.

that said, the way to make an IMMEDAIT impact is in the return game. if he cracks 2 or 3 open for TDs he will get his credit.

we now have 3 guys who can bring the ball back all the way.

i think (hope) we will be recieving fewer kicks and way more punts, so to keep roscoe fresh mclovin will need to take a couple.

you would rather see our #1 or #2 corner out there returning kicks rather than our #3/4 WR, that makes sense <_<

Anybody else catch this late yesterday on ESPN, the entire panel of "experts" was asked this question. I'm not a big fan of McShay but he said Leodis would instantly become the most dangerous returner in the league with the exception of D. Hester. I didn't realize that McKelvin returned 7 punts for TDs and 1 KR for a TD.

I'd guess McFadden...

I wonder what Roscoe Parrish will think of this considering he led the NFL in punt returns last year, averaging nearly a yard more per punt return than Hester...

McGee isn't exactly chopped liver as a KR either...

IMHO, his skills will be used in conjunction with McGee and Parrish, likely more on KR's tho, since Parrish is about as good as they get on PR's, and having McKelvin and McGee on KR's would basically force the other team to kick it out of the end zone or kick it out of bounds on every kickoff...

I'll go with Jonathan Stewart.

I think he is a better all-around back than McFadden, and will be a better 'fantasy' RB than McFadden for years to come.

Sidenote: I think Mendenhall will end up getting the bulk of the carries in Pittsburgh by the end of the year.

Not to mention, he could rack up quite a few TD's being the goal-line back for the potent Pittsburgh offense.