So we didn't draft DT or an early OL

Fingon

Honestly, it's not really a big deal. We could have drafted Albert at 11, but it's not really a need. The 11th pick is too high to be drafting depth. We drafted a Beast (in college, atleast) in Ellis. We then drafted Bell, who is an athletic developmental project. What people seem to forget (or ignore) is that we:

A) Signed Spencer Johnson, who had more sacks than all our DTs last year (3) to go along with 16 QB pressures. This will increase pressure up the middle and help our DE's.

B) John McCargo developed A LOT last year. He had 2.5 sacks and 7 stuffs last year. The team must have confidence in his continual development.

C) We have Marcus Stroud

D) Even if Stroud goes down, we are better on 1st and 2nd downs... and much better on 3rd.

Regarding Oline, they played very well last season. Their run blocking wasn't great, but that will hopefully improve with time to gel and less men in the box. They did, however, allow only 26 sacks. The depth isn't great, but it is adequate compared to most NFL teams. You won't find many teams that will do well if their LT goes down. Also, The only position in question is Center, which the bills did not address. This may be due to the fact that they could not land one that they thought would develop well enough to replace Fowler. Many of the Centers, other than Pollak and one other, project to be guards in the NFL.

Overall, i think they did a good job addressing the increase in pass catching TEs, 4 WR sets, and passing as a whole, in the NFL. The CB's they drafted, other than McKelvin, should give us needed depth when NE rolls out those four WR's (in what seems like 6 out of 10 plays). I think the drafting of Ellis and the CB's are a direct response to playing NE twice a year.

Good post. McCargo really came on last year and I am sure he is gonna be a monster lining up next to Stroud. Spencer Johnson is a very underrated signing. He is gonna provide a great inside push and will alleviate attention paid to Schobel. Ellis is a pass rusher- we have a nice mix of DEs now. Kavika and a healthy Poz are gonna really improve our linebacking, and we have nice depth. And our secondary is gonna be sick! There is gonna be so much competition for roster spots and playing time. Our secondary is really gonna be a strength of this team. I like our defense a lot!