3 CB's drafted

Ashton Youboty is not having too much fun on draft day

I think he was one of the players the front office had in mind when they wanted to see improved play this year. I think if Youboty performs like the corner they hoped he would be, he'll be on the team and our rotation will be set with McGee, McKelvin, James, Greer and Youboty, with a number of young guys for depth. If not, Buffalo has options now, as they have four corners they can start on any given Sunday, with a lot of depth behind them that weren't guys on a practice squad.

We have a pretty sick secondary. There is gonna be intense competition for roster spots and playing time. I am wondering if any of the CB's are gonna move to S. Our D is gonna be pretty nasty this year!

Week 3 Tom Brady 23-29 311 yards 4TD's 0INT's Final Score NE 38 Buff 7

Week 11 Tom Brady 31-39 373 yards 5TD's 0INT's. Final Score NE 56 Buff 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals Tom Brady 54-68 (79%) 684yards 9TD's 0INT's NE 94 Buff 17 Enough Said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but now he will lay awake at night fretting over Reggie "First Round" Corner.

One of the guys on ESPN radio said that in the AFC teams are passing almost 70 percent of the time now. That's not going to change anytime soon, so defenses are going to be in nickel packages an awful lot. I know some of the 'tards on the board think we should draft 3 DE's and 2 TE's each year, but we're not going to be competitive that way.

Just ask Miami.

We have a pretty sick secondary. There is gonna be intense competition for roster spots and playing time. I am wondering if any of the CB's are gonna move to S. Our D is gonna be pretty nasty this year!

Whoa there fella. This D was 31 a year ago. Don't expect them to crack the top 10. As far as the cbs being "sick", well, when they get torched by Brady, we'll be able to say they were sick (as in didn't feel well) an wait til next time.

Whoa there fella. This D was 31 a year ago. Don't expect them to crack the top 10. As far as the cbs being "sick", well, when they get torched by Brady, we'll be able to say they were sick (as in didn't feel well) an wait til next time.

how many starters were injured?

it wasnt really "this" D at all, that was ranked 31...

this D also added a Super Bowl Champ LB, a Pro Bowl DT and a 1st round CB.

I do expect them to crack the top ten, and surprise Brady, Nurse trooth. :bag:

I thought the Giants showed the world how to beat the Pats...

Eleven players started at least one game in the Bills defensive backfield last season, including four who are no longer on the roster...

DB Jerametrius Butler

CB Jabari Greer

FS Jim Leonhard

CB Terrence McGee

S Bryan Scott

FS Ko Simpson

CB Kiwaukee Thomas

CB Jason Webster

SS Donte Whitner

FS George Wilson

CB Ashton Youboty

...and Greer was the only one on that list to play in all sixteen games. Before the draft started, Will James was the only offseason addition. Did the Bills need to select three CBs this weekend? Probably not... but I'd argue against any number fewer than two.

I thought the Giants showed the world how to beat the Pats...

Maybe, or that could have been a fluke of a game. A one hit wonder, if you can excuse the pun. Buffalo had a great pass rush in the early 90s when we played the pass happy Cowboys, but it didn't really do much to help us win those games. If your offense doesn't show up, and the Patsies didn't this past year, you lose the game. After 18 wins, it was bound to happen. Don't forget that the Giants had played New England in a close game about four weeks before the Super Bowl. They could have beaten them then, and if you watch that game, it wasn't NY's pass rush that kept it close.

Eleven players started at least one game in the Bills defensive backfield last season, including four who are no longer on the roster...

DB Jerametrius Butler

CB Jabari Greer

FS Jim Leonhard

CB Terrence McGee

S Bryan Scott

FS Ko Simpson

CB Kiwaukee Thomas

CB Jason Webster

SS Donte Whitner

FS George Wilson

CB Ashton Youboty

...and Greer was the only one on that list to play in all sixteen games. Before the draft started, Will James was the only offseason addition. Did the Bills need to select three CBs this weekend? Probably not... but I'd argue against any number fewer than two.

Psch, like we need to have depth at a position where we had injuries last year. :bag: