I just wanted to say

Adam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

same can be said about Lynch getting hurt, or Evans, or Schobel, or McGee, or Whitner, or Moorman...

You don't think Fred Jackson showed enough last year to be an adequate replacement over 4-5 games? There are three other adequate DEs on the roster that could fill in for a while. And with all our CBs and Whitner's ability to play the position in an emergency, I think we could coverup McGee as well.

you think we were going to get a starting quality left tackle in this draft?

Who said anything about starting? But a mid-round draft pick with upside could clearly give this O-line an equal or better option than Kirk Chambers...

Are you really comfortable with that O-line depth chart in relation to any other position on this team?

I'm done. It's clear we're never gonna agree...

The Bills have an easy schedule this year.

The Bills now have Stroud, Poz, Mitchell, and McKelvin added to their defense.

The Bills now have a true #2 wide receiving threat opposite Lee Evans with the addition of James Hardy.

The Bills should easily get a total of 9 wins with their current roster.

I know that you're a huge supporter of Dick Jauron, but I think it's outlandish for you to say that this team only gets 6-8 wins. If this Bills team gets 6-8 wins Dick Jauron's time is up! Buh bye, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya. This Bills team is now loaded for bear and the only way they screw it up is with coaching, which is why we would end up with 6-8 wins. Sorry, but that's how it is from where I see things.

I agree with this. The rebuilding time talk is over. Barring major injuries, the bills need to make the playoffs this year & if they do not, one could only look no further for the blame then Jauron. Although, I do not think he is the moron you make him out to be, the NFL is about results, not 10yr rebuilding plans like we have been endured to.

The way I see it, the defense should be top 10 this year. Adding stroud & johnson should open things up for everybody else. Your getting another 2 starters back in Poz & Simpson. As long as Mckelvin is not a holdout, he should be the starter opposite TM from day 1. Greer goes back to nickel along with Peterson/James. Make no mistake about it, when the Patriots brass decided to bypass the CB from troy, the bills viewed this as a gift from the football gods. This guy is anything but a reach. I suppose Adam would be happy if they went ahead & drafted Devin Thomas.

I do not think they are at the level to compete with the Patriots, but I fully expect 10-11 wins this year & a wild card playoff birth. Anything short of that, & I think they are going to have to give some serious consideration into pulling the plug on Jauron.

I agree with this. The rebuilding time talk is over. Barring major injuries, the bills need to make the playoffs this year & if they do not, one could only look no further for the blame then Jauron. Although, I do not think he is the moron you make him out to be, the NFL is about results, not 10yr rebuilding plans like we have been endured to.

The way I see it, the defense should be top 10 this year. Adding stroud & johnson should open things up for everybody else. Your getting another 2 starters back in Poz & Simpson. As long as Mckelvin is not a holdout, he should be the starter opposite TM from day 1. Greer goes back to nickel along with Peterson/James. Make no mistake about it, when the Patriots brass decided to bypass the CB from troy, the bills viewed this as a gift from the football gods. This guy is anything but a reach. I suppose Adam would be happy if they went ahead & drafted Devin Thomas.

I do not think they are at the level to compete with the Patriots, but I fully expect 10-11 wins this year & a wild card playoff birth. Anything short of that, & I think they are going to have to give some serious consideration into pulling the plug on Jauron.

Hey, not that it matters much but I see we can finally agree on something.

<_<

Hey, not that it matters much but I see we can finally agree on something.

<_<

Well, although it has been rare, I have agreed with you on several posts. Im tired of the rebuilding talk, when is it going to end. The moves & the comments the bills have made this year indicate they are not in a rebuilding mode anymore. Adding a guy like stroud, drafting a guy like Mckelvin, who imo should be penciled in as the starter from day one of camp & even hanging onto one JP Losman(as insurance to Edwards) tells me Jauron & company fully expect to win this year. Add in what looks like a soft schedule(& I will admit noone really knows for sure how the schedule is going to shake out) & I think we could make the playoffs. Keep in mind with the schedule, the bills play 8 games against teams that were picking in the top 10(miami twice, jets twice, st louis, oakland, kansas city & san francisco). I know teams change from year to year, but just on paper, it does not get much easier then that.

Well, although it has been rare, I have agreed with you on several posts. Im tired of the rebuilding talk, when is it going to end. The moves & the comments the bills have made this year indicate they are not in a rebuilding mode anymore. Adding a guy like stroud, drafting a guy like Mckelvin, who imo should be penciled in as the starter from day one of camp & even hanging onto one JP Losman(as insurance to Edwards) tells me Jauron & company fully expect to win this year. Add in what looks like a soft schedule(& I will admit noone really knows for sure how the schedule is going to shake out) & I think we could make the playoffs. Keep in mind with the schedule, the bills play 8 games against teams that were picking in the top 10(miami twice, jets twice, st louis, oakland, kansas city & san francisco). I know teams change from year to year, but just on paper, it does not get much easier then that.

Plus I look at the other teams around the NFL and I don't see many that are as talented as we are (of the non playoff teams). We have a lot of good players now and should be able to beat some playoff quality teams also. This team is young and hungry and should be making some major waves this coming season. I seriously can't wait.

No, its not being negative. Coaching and special teams are the main reasons we overcame our deficiencies this past season to win 7. While our pickups on defense should help quite a bit, Stroud dos not make our defense dominant, the jury is still out on McCargo, and Johnson adds depth. If our young players are improving, I can be satisfied with 6-8 wins.

Remember- four of ours wins came against Miami and NY, and I think both have made big improvements.

Coaching is a double-edged sword IMO - DJ and company got those guys to play despite the injuries and all that.

But crapping coaching lost games in the form of comatose offensive play calling, and at least in the Dallas contest, really stupid prevent D at the end of the game.

Maybe Stroud by himself doesn't make the defense dominant, but the combination of overall improved DL by his addition, Poz playing the whole season, Mitchell, McKelvin, Simpson's return, and another year of playing together just might.

Trent Green is a promising young QB, but he is bound to make rookie-type mistakes, and to me, thats ok. Its called player development, and I consider it as exciting as any part of watching a team. To expect him to take us to the playoffs at this stage of his career is asking too much. I am worried right now about repeating our second place finish in the East- I think that will be a VERY difficult feat.

Trent Green is a headbanger older QB and he is bound to make rookie-type mistakes due to all those concussions, and to me, thats ok. Its called playing past your prime, and I consider it as boring as watching grass grow. To expect him to play Madden at this stage of his career is not asking too much. I am not worried right now about repeating our second place finish in the East- I think that will be a very attainable feat.

Fixed it for you.

Trent Edwards*

The guy barely made rookie type mistakes last year which is what made his rookie campaign so nice to watch. He is a smart QB, and doesn't make those rookie type mistakes other than a few that I recall.(Dallas and Baltimore game)

His football IQ is what is going to make him a good QB in this league.

I believe he will continue to grow and improve in his 2nd year and we will need him too if we want to make the playoffs.

Oops. He had a good year- struggled at the end. Don't expect him to be perfect all the time. Teams will adjust to him now that they have seen more and have more tape- it will be up to him to make adjustments to counter what teams do. It is a typical learning curve, and I look forward to watching both the successes and failures.