I just wanted to say

Adam

If Peters gets hurt, you can kiss those 6 wins goodbye

but we sure do have a lot of CBs :thumbsup:

Actually, while he was hurt last season there was not a significant drop off in the numbers. The line still had a very good pass block, there was just no one to throw too, and ML's numbers were almost the same. I'm not saying that if he had a season ending injury it would be all right, but for a couple of weeks, we have a number of guys who can do an adequate job. The lines have plenty of good players, and Chris Ellis is going to be a very good pass rusher. I wish people would actually look at the roster before they complain. With Stroud and McCargo, teams will be hard pressed to run up the middle, and in obvious run situations, you can play Spencer Johnson at end to clog things up even more. Schobel and Kelsay also have good speed to track down runners and with the increased bulk at LB, Buffalo is going to have a very good run defense. Our weakeness was a corner where we had practice squad walk ons having to play because we had no legitimate depth at the position. Buffalo addressed that problem today.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rebuilding is not over, we are a bubble team if our coaching and special teams wins us as many games as it did last season.

I think the McKelvin pick was a reach, but if he turns out to be a player, great- even if he doesn't live up to where he was drafted. Other than that, it seems like a solid group. I think Our defense will be very much improved, but with our line, we will still struggle against the run.

Offensively, we are a bit better, but I don't expect a lot out of the QB or WR posiition. I am looking at 6-8 wins, and I am not being negative- I expect a lot of rookie/young player mistakes, but I see some upside down the road. Losing won't be fun, but watching these players mature into veterans who will win will be fun

They've been rebuilding over the course of three drafts, three free agency periods, and 32 games along with 8 preseason games. Please enlighten me to how long a team with a few very talented players must rebuild until they're good enough to make a post-season appearance. Apparently you'd wait until whenever it happens.

This is what happens when futility is your watchword. Expectations remain low and the slightest success (beating Miami or NYJ) is something to highlight.

Then again, it's only the draft. It's time to put their money where their mouth is.

They've been rebuilding over the course of three drafts, three free agency periods, and 32 games along with 8 preseason games. Please enlighten me to how long a team with a few very talented players must rebuild until they're good enough to make a post-season appearance. Apparently you'd wait until whenever it happens.

This is what happens when futility is your watchword. Expectations remain low and the slightest success (beating Miami or NYJ) is something to highlight.

Then again, it's only the draft. It's time to put their money where their mouth is.

3 years, this is the 3rd year.

anything short of being in serious playoff contention (even with the Pats in the division) will be less than hoped for.

problem is, that wont be decided for another 10 months. so everyone can just calm down right now.

That's not even relevant. People are looking at it compared to other teams.

You're basically saying NOBODY has any right to disagree with some of these draft picks.

You are the almighty censor on this board, I presume.

3 years, this is the 3rd year.

anything short of being in serious playoff contention (even with the Pats in the division) will be less than hoped for.

problem is, that wont be decided for another 10 months. so everyone can just calm down right now.

It's 4 months+ until opening day, yes. The players are in place right now. June 1st cuts are overrated.

If this team fails to make the playoffs...look no further than Dick Jauron. He obviously had a huge hand into today's picks and he'll be the man to receive much of the blame. He's admitted the need to win this season, but when you've won 43% of your career games, I'm not optimistic.

Week 3 Tom Brady 23-29 311 yards 4TD's 0INT's. Final Score NE 38 Buff 7

Week 11 Tom Brady 31-39 373 yards 5TD's 0INT's. Final Score NE 56 Buff 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals Tom Brady 54-68 (79%) 684yards 9TD's 0INT's NE 94 Buff 17

The Bills had 0 sacks and 0 INT's, I think the Team needed to upgrade there pass defense.

The rebuilding is not over, we are a bubble team if our coaching and special teams wins us as many games as it did last season.

I think the McKelvin pick was a reach, but if he turns out to be a player, great- even if he doesn't live up to where he was drafted. Other than that, it seems like a solid group. I think Our defense will be very much improved, but with our line, we will still struggle against the run.

Offensively, we are a bit better, but I don't expect a lot out of the QB or WR posiition. I am looking at 6-8 wins, and I am not being negative- I expect a lot of rookie/young player mistakes, but I see some upside down the road. Losing won't be fun, but watching these players mature into veterans who will win will be fun

The Bills have an easy schedule this year.

The Bills now have Stroud, Poz, Mitchell, and McKelvin added to their defense.

The Bills now have a true #2 wide receiving threat opposite Lee Evans with the addition of James Hardy.

The Bills should easily get a total of 9 wins with their current roster.

I know that you're a huge supporter of Dick Jauron, but I think it's outlandish for you to say that this team only gets 6-8 wins. If this Bills team gets 6-8 wins Dick Jauron's time is up! Buh bye, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya. This Bills team is now loaded for bear and the only way they screw it up is with coaching, which is why we would end up with 6-8 wins. Sorry, but that's how it is from where I see things.

The Bills now have a true #2 wide receiving threat opposite Lee Evans with the addition of James Hardy.

I know that you're a huge supporter of Dick Jauron, but I think it's outlandish for you to say that this team only gets 6-8 wins. If this Bills team gets 6-8 wins Dick Jauron's time is up! Buh bye, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya. This Bills team is now loaded for bear and the only way they screw it up is with coaching, which is why we would end up with 6-8 wins. Sorry, but that's how it is from where I see things.

Difficult to disagree with that. I'm still not thrilled with the TE corps, and I don't see much in the way of backups on either line. But barring a repeat of last year's catastrophic injury situation, there should now be enough talent on this team to compete for a playoff berth. If they don't, then either the talent level or the coaching isn't as good as we've been led to believe -- and with the amount of input wielded by Jauron in personnel decisions, a failure in either department ultimately ends up on his desk.

which guy in the 3rd of 4th? or is all this hypothetical?

and you want to use the #11 pick on depth, instead of a starter?

Albert would have started somewhere on the OL and either he or Butler could have backed up at LT.

Now Butler has to start and we have no LT except that turnstyle Chambers and a very green 7th round rookie

We have a guy is is relatively a rookie QB, we have one established NFL caliber WR (by that I mean plays on the outside), we have weakness on the interior offensive line. McCargo has yet to play as a starter on the inside, therefore even with Stroud, we are very questionable inside the D-line. WE may be relying on a rookie CB and WR as well.

I do not expect playoffs, I DO expect significant development

We have a guy is is relatively a rookie QB, we have one established NFL caliber WR (by that I mean plays on the outside), we have weakness on the interior offensive line. McCargo has yet to play as a starter on the inside, therefore even with Stroud, we are very questionable inside the D-line. WE may be relying on a rookie CB and WR as well.

I do not expect playoffs, I DO expect significant development

It's no wonder why you're such a big fan of Dick Jauron.

Week 3 Tom Brady 23-29 311 yards 4TD's 0INT's. Final Score NE 38 Buff 7

Week 11 Tom Brady 31-39 373 yards 5TD's 0INT's. Final Score NE 56 Buff 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals Tom Brady 54-68 (79%) 684yards 9TD's 0INT's NE 94 Buff 17

The Bills had 0 sacks and 0 INT's, I think the Team needed to upgrade there pass defense.

that really just says it all.

we added guys to get after the passer (mitchel, ellis, johnson, stroud) and guys who can cover.

yet all i read is posters saying we need more oline.

we need to stop the faketriots passing attack, not get back ups just in case our best linemen go down.

3rd and 9, we need to win that mach up against the pats more than lose it. that's what we went out

and got people for.

I have no problem with disagreeing with picks, but to say McKelvin is a reach is not quite correct.

How can you possibly say that. Yes, the Bills won 7 games last year, but they were also 30th is Offense and 31st in Defense. This team has a long way to go They have a questionable QB that may or may not be the answer. They have an Offensive Line that is still questionable (see #30 Offense) that cannot run block and I am still not convinced that they can rush the passer based on the personnel that they have. I think they will be better thsi year, but it remains to be seen if they can make a solid leap forward. I think they still have a ways to go, especially when you have a Head Coach with a 43% winning %. Time will tell...............

How can you possibly say that. Yes, the Bills won 7 games last year, but they were also 30th is Offense and 31st in Defense. This team has a long way to go They have a questionable QB that may or may not be the answer. They have an Offensive Line that is still questionable (see #30 Offense) that cannot run block and I am still not convinced that they can rush the passer based on the personnel that they have. I think they will be better thsi year, but it remains to be seen if they can make a solid leap forward. I think they still have a ways to go, especially when you have a Head Coach with a 43% winning %. Time will tell...............

Let me say this again...our defense now has Stroud, Poz, Mitchell and McKelvin. Our defense is very solid.

Our special teams are solid.

Edwards, Evans, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Hardy are a solid group of players to score touchdowns in their sleep if our coach has the balls to actually let them play.

Our team is chock full of very talented NFL players and the only reason they tank is because of the head coach.

If JP can run out of excuses after only three seasons, then Jauron doesn't get a ninth season to prove himself as a head coach if number eight proves to be another B word.

I would also like to add -

If it's not one thing, it's another

and...

Wherever you go, there you are

Thank god for Adam's choice though; I've apparently been misinformed that I was what I ate. I'm much more comfortable knowing I am what I are. I know Popeye was a proponent of a very similar philosophy, and he's a trustworthy fellow.

Thank god for Adam's choice though; I've apparently been misinformed that I was what I ate. I'm much more comfortable knowing I am what I are. I know Popeye was a proponent of a very similar philosophy, and he's a trustworthy fellow.

Excellent point about Popeye - I trust 'the sailor man' as well. I dread to think that, if I was what I ate, I would display extreme bovine/porcine characteristics.