I just wanted to say

Adam

The rebuilding is not over, we are a bubble team if our coaching and special teams wins us as many games as it did last season.

I think the McKelvin pick was a reach, but if he turns out to be a player, great- even if he doesn't live up to where he was drafted. Other than that, it seems like a solid group. I think Our defense will be very much improved, but with our line, we will still struggle against the run.

Offensively, we are a bit better, but I don't expect a lot out of the QB or WR posiition. I am looking at 6-8 wins, and I am not being negative- I expect a lot of rookie/young player mistakes, but I see some upside down the road. Losing won't be fun, but watching these players mature into veterans who will win will be fun

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rebuilding is not over, we are a bubble team if our coaching and special teams wins us as many games as it did last season.

I think the McKelvin pick was a reach, but if he turns out to be a player, great- even if he doesn't live up to where he was drafted. Other than that, it seems like a solid group. I think Our defense will be very much improved, but with our line, we will still struggle against the run.

Offensively, we are a bit better, but I don't expect a lot out of the QB or WR posiition. I am looking at 6-8 wins, and I am not being negative- I expect a lot of rookie/young player mistakes, but I see some upside down the road. Losing won't be fun, but watching these players mature into veterans who will win will be fun

several teams in mock drafts had him before he fell to us .

several teams in mock drafts had him before he fell to us .

I just feel his measurables out weigh his performance on the field. Believe me, I hope I am wrong- I have little to gain by being right. I hope he ends up being as good as McGee or Greer. I like Hardy, he isn't as explosive in or out of his cuts as I like, but his size can make up for that. Not a flashy draft, but it makes us a bit better- both short and long term

If Peters gets hurt, you can kiss those 6 wins goodbye

but we sure do have a lot of CBs :thumbsup:

I agree with everything except the ability to stop the run. If Stroud is healthy (I trust the Medical staff), with the other additions to the line & lb corps & a healthy Poz I think they will stop the run much better than last year. I think the Bills go anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

I just feel his measurables out weigh his performance on the field. Believe me, I hope I am wrong- I have little to gain by being right. I hope he ends up being as good as McGee or Greer. I like Hardy, he isn't as explosive in or out of his cuts as I like, but his size can make up for that. Not a flashy draft, but it makes us a bit better- both short and long term

I love his size . He will be able to go up and get the ball and we need that .

A draft not too strong with elite players, getting the best CB in a relatively strong group in the 1st round was awesome, i was leaping for joy when NE pick Jerod mayo allowing McKelvin to fall to us. I knew if he was there he would be a Bill,m if not him it was going to be Cromartie. Maybe those 3rd and 23's wont be so easy to convert against our defense anymore.

If he turns out to be a great player then he will more than live up tpo where he was drafted. :thumbsup:

6-8 wins? That is not being negative?

A couple of thoughts.....

- It is my hope that the bills are not done looking for a backup OL who can play multiple positions including LT......I am thinking they did not draft one until later because that is the plan

- I was dissapointed that we did not take a Tight End sooner......I beleive but cannot prove that the bills planned to take John Carlson and he got picked before us and then trading up for either Harvey or Sweed. When Carlson was gone I think they didn't have a tight end of the same grade and went a different direction.

- I was very happy with the Leodis McKelvin pick because he was a top 10 talent that fell and we got him without giving up the opportunity to also address big reciever. He will start from day one opposite McGee with Greer and James battling for the nickle.....the other corners look like backup and special teams players to me.....but that is not necessarily a bad thing as we lost a LOT of special teams players.

- The OT we took in the latter rounds looks like a athlete much like Peters was.........

- The LB we took reminds me of some guys who played special teams for us first then got on the field

- The DE looks like a beast and we needed one because of Hargrove.

I liked this draft......

If Peters gets hurt, you can kiss those 6 wins goodbye

but we sure do have a lot of CBs :thumbsup:

same can be said about Lynch getting hurt, or Evans, or Schobel, or McGee, or Whitner, or Moorman...

so what?

you think we were going to get a starting quality left tackle in this draft?

The guy who gave up at most 30 yards to a receiver all year = bad performance on the field? :thumbsup:

Exactly, we are what we are. The Bills aren't going to "wow" anyone with flashy players but they did add some decent depth and a couple of potential starters in key areas of need. Winning 9 or 10 might be a stretch but the softness of the schedule might help in pushing this team into the, dare I say it, playoffs.

I think the McKelvin pick was a reach,

Of ALL the things a person could say about the Bills' draft, this is not one of them. Best corner in the draft, taken at least 1-2 positions later than projected. The absolute definition of NOT being a reach.

If he turns out to be a great player then he will more than live up tpo where he was drafted. :thumbsup:

6-8 wins? That is not being negative?

No, its not being negative. Coaching and special teams are the main reasons we overcame our deficiencies this past season to win 7. While our pickups on defense should help quite a bit, Stroud dos not make our defense dominant, the jury is still out on McCargo, and Johnson adds depth. If our young players are improving, I can be satisfied with 6-8 wins.

Remember- four of ours wins came against Miami and NY, and I think both have made big improvements.

same can be said about Lynch getting hurt, or Evans, or Schobel, or McGee, or Whitner, or Moorman...

so what?

you think we were going to get a starting quality left tackle in this draft?

Brandon Albert would have been good insurance

but a guy in the 3rd or 4th round who could be developed would have been nice - like in stead of the midget CB in the 4th round

Brandon Albert would have been good insurance

but a guy in the 3rd or 4th round who could be developed would have been nice - like in stead of the midget CB in the 4th round

which guy in the 3rd of 4th? or is all this hypothetical?

and you want to use the #11 pick on depth, instead of a starter?