Rashad Baker

Who will be the un-drafted gem from this season? Jason Peters? I don't think so....Jabari Greer? maybe... My vote would have to go to Rashad Baker, and at what better position to get a possible gem then at Free. A position that we simply can't find anybody to excel at, we can get average play from Reese but he will never be play making Free Safety.

Baker has shown to be aggressive enough to bring the wood, he also is a former receiver so he has the hands to create turnovers. I also failed to mention that he ran a 4.45 for the NFL draft, that my friends is the type of speed demanded out of a Free Safety. He is a little green to expect big time production this season, he should however get some experience and I'm hoping he can be our 2005 starter.

At the very least we can expect him to make the team this year and contribute on special teams. Good work finding this guy TD.

Who will be the un-drafted gem from this season? Jason Peters? I don't think so....Jabari Greer? maybe... My vote would have to go to Rashad Baker, and at what better position to get a possible gem then at Free.  A position that we simply can't find anybody to excel at, we can get average play from Reese but he will never be play making Free Safety.

Baker has shown to be aggressive enough to bring the wood, he also is a former receiver so he has the hands to create turnovers. I also failed to mention that he ran a 4.45 for the NFL draft, that my friends is the type of speed demanded out of a Free Safety.  He is a little green to expect big time production this season, he should however get some experience and I'm hoping he can be our 2005 starter.

At the very least we can expect him to make the team this year and contribute on special teams.  Good work finding this guy TD.

4853[/snapback]

Donahoe likely didn't find Baker; kudos probably are owed to the scouts and Modrak. But I do think there is room for a few UDFA gems, Baker being one of them. He hits hard, may get burned a few times, but that sounds pretty similar to Antoine Winfield to me. AW isn't the best DB of all time but it's certainly not a bad place to start.

I like Luke Lawton. There is a 'Buffalo guy' in the making -- hard-nosed, not afraid to get dirty, hits everyone. I sure hope we hold onto him.

Peters will take time if we invest it in him -- I think he'll come around if he can be taught -- Lawrence Smith will be a definite upgrade, and Greer has a shot but we'll see.

I like Baker as well. However, if you watched "Sounds of the Game" last night, you'll see that Mularky was NOT happy about one of the hits he laid on the Broncos player. He said something like, "I like the agressiveness but you gotta play smart!" He seemed really upset with Baker. Maybe MM was afraid the refs were going to call roughing or helmet-to-helmet (since he was close - but it was clean).

CW

I wouldn't say Mularky was upset, I would say he was worried about a penalty for hitting the receiver before the ball got there. It was close, but no flag. I think he liked the play. Look again, because to me it looks like Mularky is watching for a flag.

I like Baker as well.  However, if you watched "Sounds of the Game" last night, you'll see that Mularky was NOT happy about one of the hits he laid on the Broncos player.  He said something like, "I like the agressiveness but you gotta play smart!"  He seemed really upset with Baker.  Maybe MM was afraid the refs were going to call roughing or helmet-to-helmet (since he was close - but it was clean).

CW

5077[/snapback]

I kinda had the same feeling watching it, but the OTHER thing I took from it was that Baker's hit was BRUTAL. They had nice camera position for it, and it came off as being quite a violent hit. I like the guy :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say Mularky was upset, I would say he was worried about a penalty for hitting the receiver before the ball got there. It was close, but no flag. I think he liked the play. Look again, because to me it looks like Mularky is watching for a flag.

5089[/snapback]

I thought it was the head-to-head contact he was concerned about, but I was drinking a lot so you can't go by me.

I thought it was the head-to-head contact he was concerned about, but I was drinking a lot so you can't go by me.

5102[/snapback]

I was doing the same thing saturday, so despite my 4th row seats, I'm not going to be posting observations until I run the tape back later tonight.

The only thing I do remember thinking was "damn, if moulds doesn't want to be stopped, he won't be". Reinforcing my assertion from training camp that he is back 100%, possibly better than we've ever seen him.

Archived