My only question with Hardy in NFL is durability

The prototype tall WR in the NFL today is Plaxico Burress. His Super Bowl winning catch with an end zone corner route is all telling. At nearly 6'7" Hardy is almost 2" taller than 6'5" Burress. However Burress is 235 lbs, whereas Hardy is 220. He's nearly 6'7" and has an NBA body (nearly identical to Kobe Bryant who's 6'6" 220.) So it's not surprising Hardy's primary sport had been basketball. He's had some injuries in college. The NFL is more physical than college; there are a lot of dirty teams like the Pats out there, and Hardy's long legs will be an invitation for a dirty hit.

As an intended Red Zone target, he will be exposed to a lot of physical play and take hits from Linebackers. I hope they teach this guy how to take care of himself out there.

he's listed at under 6'6" not 6'7"

my concern is can he get off the line and get consistant seperation from CBs....people keep saying all they want him to do is catch touchdowns, I would like him to catch some key 3rd down conversions on 3rd and 6 as well

His official height, as measured at the combine, is 6'5 3/8". As far as the injury thing...you're being presumptuous. He's 216 lbs. and he should be able to add 6-8 lbs. of muscle. Will he get hurt? I'll guarantee he will... just like every other receiver.

The prototype tall WR in the NFL today is Plaxico Burress. His Super Bowl winning catch with an end zone corner route is all telling. At nearly 6'7" Hardy is almost 2" taller than 6'5" Burress. However Burress is 235 lbs, whereas Hardy is 220. He's nearly 6'7" and has an NBA body (nearly identical to Kobe Bryant who's 6'6" 200.) So it's not surprising Hardy's primary sport had been basketball. He's had some injuries in college. The NFL is more physical than college; there are a lot of dirty teams like the Pats out there, and Hardy's long legs will be an invitation for a dirty hit.

As an intended Red Zone target, he will be exposed to a lot of physical play and take hits from Linebackers. I hope they teach this guy how to take care of himself out there.

i see it more that, as an intended red zone target, he will be in the back of the endzone, battling smaller corners for jump balls.

not taking shots over the middle from LBs

His official height, as measured at the combine, is 6'5 3/8". As far as the injury thing...you're being presumptuous. He's 216 lbs. and he should be able to add 6-8 lbs. of muscle. Will he get hurt? I'll guarantee he will... just like every other receiver.

From the official Indiana Hoosiers football page:

James Hardy

Wide Receiver

Indiana Hoosiers Class: Junior 3V

Height: 6-7 Weight: 220

Previous School: Elmhurst HS

Hometown: Fort Wayne, Indiana

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/116172

he's listed at under 6'6" not 6'7"

my concern is can he get off the line and get consistant seperation from CBs....people keep saying all they want him to do is catch touchdowns, I would like him to catch some key 3rd down conversions on 3rd and 6 as well

I'd like to see that too, but I think that if we can get a TE today who is better than Royal, it will alleviate some of the 3rd down pressure. The key is finding a good receiving TE so that Hardy isn't the only big 3rd down target that we have.

From the official Indiana Hoosiers football page:

James Hardy

Wide Receiver

Indiana Hoosiers Class: Junior 3V

Height: 6-7 Weight: 220

Previous School: Elmhurst HS

Hometown: Fort Wayne, Indiana

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/116172

College teams always lie about a players height and weight. That's why some guys who look good drop after the combine when NFL teams find out how tall the player actually is.