The 2004 National Military Strategy

_BiB_

This is the finalized 2004 NMS as signed by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for presentation to the Secretary of Defense. The Secretary of Defense will present this formally to the Congress.

There has been much debate over what is right or wrong with what this country is doing. Here, from the horses mouth is the current strategic philosophy. This is a broad, somewhat general sounding document as is it's intention. There are literally dozens of other pieces that get into very specific details as to how this strategy is to be executed.

If you want to know where we are going, as of today, this will give you an idea. No spin, no pundits-this is the document. I post this for those who actually take an interest beyond what is soundbited in the news, or twisted on a campaign website. I sincerely wish I could post some of the other documents as well, as they would show that the total package just might be pretty darn effective, but i don't feel like going to jail.

2004 National Military Strategy

This is the finalized 2004 NMS as signed by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for presentation to the Secretary of Defense. The Secretary of Defense will present this formally to the Congress.

There has been much debate over what is right or wrong with what this country is doing. Here, from the horses mouth is the current strategic philosophy. This is a broad, somewhat general sounding document as is it's intention. There are literally dozens of other pieces that get into very specific details as to how this strategy is to be executed.

If you want to know where we are going, as of today, this will give you an idea. No spin, no pundits-this is the document. I post this for those who actually take an interest beyond what is soundbited in the news, or twisted on a campaign website. I sincerely wish I could post some of the other documents as well, as they would show that the total package just might be pretty darn effective, but i don't feel like going to jail.

2004 National Military Strategy

4843[/snapback]

How convenient this comes out a mere few days after Kerry visits hurricane-ravaged Florida. Clearly, this is a ploy by Rove and company to get Kerry's humanitarianism out of the front-page news... :rolleyes:

How convenient this comes out a mere few days after Kerry visits hurricane-ravaged Florida.  Clearly, this is a ploy by Rove and company to get Kerry's humanitarianism out of the front-page news...  :rolleyes:

4848[/snapback]

Someone will believe you. This has been getting staffed for months, but what would I know. I'm only one of the people who formally reviewed it.

Someone will believe you. This has been getting staffed for months, but what would I know. I'm only one of the people who formally reviewed it.

4854[/snapback]

Wow..protect the United States against foreign invaders...I'm so reassured.

Geez..hadn't they thought of that before? :rolleyes:

FTR, to those concerned-this has been released and published by the OSD. It can be pulled up with a google search.

4943[/snapback]

So our national defense strategy is published on the internet? For all the terrorists to read? You'd think that's something that should be kept secret and hidden from the terrorists...but not Bush. Can't tell us who sat on Cheney's energy committee, but they'll let the terrorists know how we plan to defend ourselves. Must be the same sense of priority that caused Bush read a goat story for seven minutes when we were attacked instead of doing his job, or to invade Iraq for Halliburton's benefit when we should have been fighting in Afghanistan... :rolleyes:

So our national defense strategy is published on the internet? For all the terrorists to read? You'd think that's something that should be kept secret and hidden from the terrorists...but not Bush. Can't tell us who sat on Cheney's energy committee, but they'll let the terrorists know how we plan to defend ourselves. Must be the same sense of priority that caused Bush read a goat story for seven minutes when we were attacked instead of doing his job, or to invade Iraq for Halliburton's benefit when we should have been fighting in Afghanistan... 

Did you even read any of it? :rolleyes:

Did you even read any of it?  :rolleyes:

4965[/snapback]

No, I'm just going for the "Best Supporting Actor" Oscar for my portrayal of a mouth-breathing pinhead.

It's tougher than it looks. Getting a Halliburton reference into that rant was a B word...and "flight suit" and "nose picking" references were impossible.

I read it. It doesn't say much. I'm not saying it should- we shouldn't be publishing our military strategies far and wide. It's just a fact that it's really not that informative. In brief, it says, that our military needs to be able to kill people, and those people are generally terrorists, and that we have to be able to protect the USA. Again, not critical of the document- I'm sure these are the kinds of things that need to be released to the public, but it's not terribly specific or informative.

No, I'm just going for the "Best Supporting Actor" Oscar for my portrayal of a mouth-breathing pinhead.

Encore! Encore! Even better than today's nozzlenut/blzrul Carrie performance.

(Hmm -- Kerry, Carrie -- spooooky. Kerry brings the Carrie out in blzrul :rolleyes: )

This is a strategy, not an OPLAN. what I would point out are things like developing and enhancing joint capabilities, active rather than, or in concert with passive defense-things like that. Reconfiguring the "nuclear" deterent into something that includes nuclear, but calls for enhanced conventional kinetic and non-kinetic capabilities. The concepts of maintaining homeland defense while engaging in two simultaneous preclusive campaigns and being able to transition to a conclusive campaign. This stuff is sort of important ever since the Clinton administration reduced us from 18 divisions to 10. There's more there than you think. I'd be very interested to know what Sen. Kerry's long term strategic plans for the DoD might look like. We're already on this road. Not a good time to make a left turn.

Archived