Hardy = JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams???

So lets see, you think mckelvin sucks, and you think hardy sucks. I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that we were all much better off before you were posted. why dont you and mike from florida go somewhere so you 2 can stroke each other and comment on how much our draft sucked so far.

benchbledsoe = RJ

Agreed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing. Everytime I like a player and want him on the Bills he turns out to be a bust. (i.e. Tony Mandarich, Ryan Leaf, Mike Williams etc.)

So I'm hoping the reverse is true here. I really do think he has better than average bust potential. Hopefully I'll be an idiot again. <_<

:beer:

That being the case......and I don't want to jinks this....."Golly, why did we pass on Sweed? Steely Dan is convinced he is the player to get." :lol:

Dude, I was just going to post against Ramius while defending your point of view when you go and post this. Lay off the personal attacks and your opinion will be more respected.

I wasn't throwing personal attacks until he threw his nonsense out there. But, more importantly, you agree with the basis premise.

I was expecting Sweed to be picked as well(when it came to our pick) but you have to ask the question of "What is wrong with him?" when 8 WRs were taken ahead of him.

Good point.

They were the same DEs who helped the Bills rank 8th in sacks in 06 & 13th in 05. Injuries throughout the D(MLB,OLB,FS,CB,DE) is quite possibly a large reason for such a decline from 05/06 - 07.

The 08 D is definitely going to be a different animal to the 07 D. Upgrades at DT, DT, OLB, MLB, CB, FS will most likely see a marked improvement in all areas.

What the hell did I just say about injecting logic here!! :beer::lol:

Dude, I was just going to post against Ramius while defending your point of view when you go and post this. Lay off the personal attacks and your opinion will be more respected.

Why do have to be such and <_< head you slimy worm sucking pooper scooper!!

:(

I wasn't throwing personal attacks until he threw his nonsense out there. But, more importantly, you agree with the basis premise.

Look, I too am in a minority here when I am skeptical about our 1st round pick. I think we could have done better by trading down and picking up an extra early-round pick. However, I do think the more important thing is respecting my fellow poster. I do agree Ramius also indulged in a personal attack but you went a bit too far with references to his family (perhaps out of anger). Let us just chill out, repect each others differences in opinion and move on.

I do hope the Leodis pick pans out then my opinion will be meaningless. I was hoping we get more bang for our position in the draft. I know we have several picks but many are in the latter rounds where the hit rate decreases. I was happier with last year's draft than this year's because I think the first was a waste of a high pick and the second is too risky considering the options available at that time. I do hope time proves me to be an idiot.

Look, I too am in a minority here when I am skeptical about our 1st round pick. I think we could have done better by trading down and picking up an extra early-round pick. However, I do think the more important thing is respecting my fellow poster. I do agree Ramius also indulged in a personal attack but you went a bit too far with references to his family (perhaps out of anger). Let us just chill out, repect each others differences in opinion and move on.

I do hope the Leodis pick pans out then my opinion will be meaningless. I was hoping we get more bang for our position in the draft. I know we have several picks but many are in the latter rounds where the hit rate decreases. I was happier with last year's draft than this year's because I think the first was a waste of a high pick and the second is too risky considering the options available at that time. I do hope time proves me to be an idiot.

I agree. It is all how you present it Bledsoe. I preferred Sweed myself, and Kelly for that matter but recognize Hardy is great value, he fills a need, he has upside and the Bills front office preferred him. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I will support him as long as he is a Bill. But already comparing him to a few busts is unfair and non sequitur. There are ways to have intelligent and polite discourse. BTW JJ Stokes had a decent career. And I will forever remember him for his class when Romanowski spit in his face on MNF and JJ Stokes just walked away. JJ was the bigger man. Perhaps we can learn something from JJ's class.

Well said. I completely agree with your thoughts on our picks . . . now I just hope somebody on here doesn't rip my head off because I wasn't happy.

Look, I too am in a minority here when I am skeptical about our 1st round pick. I think we could have done better by trading down and picking up an extra early-round pick......

I would have preferred a trade down as well but......when you look at what transpired in the 1st round after the #11 pick it seems unlikely there would have been a willing trade partner. Who would we have traded down for? Like it or not, CB was the #2 position of need for this team.....and with solid CBs we could have developed a first class D. I personally would have preferred Albert as the #11 pick....but then again I don't know how high our front office rates Butler.

IMO getting a highly rated player at a position of need is a good result. As with all picks, time will tell if it is a good one or not.

I agree. It is all how you present it Bledsoe. I preferred Sweed myself, and Kelly for that matter but recognize Hardy is great value, he fills a need, he has upside and the Bills front office preferred him. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I will support him as long as he is a Bill. But already comparing him to a few busts is unfair and non sequitur. There are ways to have intelligent and polite discourse. BTW JJ Stokes had a decent career. And I will forever remember him for his class when Romanowski spit in his face on MNF and JJ Stokes just walked away. JJ was the bigger man. Perhaps we can learn something from JJ's class.

After all this, YOU preferred Sweed too?? Why didn't you just say so? It would have only garnered you a bit of disgust and insults from this board.

Well said. I completely agree with your thoughts on our picks . . . now I just hope somebody on here doesn't rip my head off because I wasn't happy.

We would all be better off if we were getting some pu$$y instead of sitting on a Bills board and talking about the draft and internet etiquette at 2 am in the morning. Then again, I am drunk, the wife is asleep and I have nothing better to do. <_<

After all this, YOU preferred Sweed too?? Why didn't you just say so? It would have only garnered you a bit of disgust and insults from this board.

Like I said already- it is all how you present it. I am not gonna piss and moan, stomp my feet and say "we suck" because it was not the pick I would of made. Nor would I of started this ridiculous thread. I might of started a thread "why Hardy over Kelly, Sweed, Doucet, and Jackson?" and I would really try and understand where others were coming from. I would not proclaim my opinion the absolute truth and proclaim Hardy a bust of Mike Williams proportions. Like I said, there are ways to discuss stuff intelligently and politely.

I trust the Bills front office and their medical staff over some guess on my part as to who the best WR for us was. There is a reason Sweed slid. So I am quite alright with the Hardy pick

We would all be better off if we were getting some pu$$y instead of sitting on a Bills board and talking about the draft and internet etiquette at 2 am in the morning. Then again, I am drunk, the wife is asleep and I have nothing better to do. :beer:

I guess true Bills fans will give up a piece o' arse on draft night <_<

Like I said already- it is all how you present it. I am not gonna piss and moan, stomp my feet and say "we suck" because it was not the pick I would of made. Nor would I of started this ridiculous thread. I might of started a thread "why Hardy over Kelly, Sweed, Doucet, and Jackson?" and I would really try and understand where others were coming from. I would not proclaim my opinion the absolute truth and proclaim Hardy a bust of Mike Williams proportions. Like I said, there are ways to discuss stuff intelligently and politely.

I trust the Bills front office and their medical staff over some guess on my part as to who the best WR for us was. There is a reason Sweed slid. So I am quite alright with the Hardy pick

Ahh, but, I didn't proclaim Hardy a bust! Notice the "???" in the title and the word "possibly" on the second line. I was playing Devil's advocate. Now, an hour later, the truth is coming out that quite a few others basically feel the same way.

I doubt it......very unlikely that Pete would have voiced 'shock' at the pick nor tried to make out that not picking Sweed was obviously wrong. Particularly now in hindsight when we know 8 WRs were taken ahead of him I'd say that most of us who preferred Sweed(yes, I'm included) understand that there may well be more to him than we can see.

On top of that, he simply wasn't miles ahead of Hardy in pre-draft analysis as it was. This means that even if Sweed was selected directly after Hardy there should not be any reason for shock & dismay. All it meant was that of two similar rated WRs, the Bills preferred one over the other.

As I seem to say every draft......would one prefer our HO to select the guy that they rate the highest.....or the guy that the media/public rate the highest?

because I think the first was a waste of a high pick

Can i ask why you think we wasted a high pick? When I think of a "wasted" pick, I immediately assume that we picked a player at a position we didn't need, or we could have gotten him much later on. In reality, we needed a top flight CB or WR (and got the position with the adequate value at #11) and we certainly could not have gotten McKelvin much later on (most mocks had him going top 10). So I guess I'm just confused by your logic.

well just about every single post of yours is miserable. The team can never do anything right in your eyes. The past two drafts were great, this offseason was great, and day 1 of the draft was great. This front office knows what they are doing. Don't blame them for past failures. They are righting the ship

iagree 100%