The who should the Bills take with the 3rd round pick thread

Dr. Fong

Buffalo is stacking up at the TE position as far as a receiving threat is concerned for red zone purposes as well as short yardage situations. The taller and bigger the better. Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson are 6'5 guys who are speedy TE's as well. This guy at 6'8? Come on, just chuck it up dog.

Brad Cottam has had so many surgeries, it's hard to believe he'll be durable. Measureables are one thing, but his health is another.

He's challenging Mark Schlereth for total surgeries, and he hasn't made it to the NFL yet.

For my money, Kellen Davis is the best option at TE.

I would agree if we were talking about the 4th round but I think Cottam is not that much of a risk.

I would agree if we were talking about the 4th round but I think Cottam is not that much of a risk.

how is cottam not a risk? he spent most of college injured and was extremely unproductive when he did play.......sure he works out well, but this has 3rd round bust written all over it

The bills have 3 TEs that are better than anyone they can draft at this point. Therefore, picking a TE would be poor value and stupid. It is unlikely the bills will get any starters from rounds 3-7 so they should go for depth and pick the best player available for all OL positions, 4th DE, Safety (Free and Strong), LB, WR, and possibly a backup QB if one falls.

There has to be something "radioactive" about Dre Moore. Too many teams in desperate need for a 2 gap DT passed on this kid, who, on the field and as an athlete with upside, was just behind Dorsey and Ellis. Rumors that his combine interviews "did not go well" started. Here he is still on the Board.

Connor, sorry Happy Valley folks, is just not going to be a special player in the NFL.

Why some think height makes a TE is also pretty sorry...

There has to be something "radioactive" about Dre Moore. Too many teams in desperate need for a 2 gap DT passed on this kid, who, on the field and as an athlete with upside, was just behind Dorsey and Ellis. Rumors that his combine interviews "did not go well" started. Here he is still on the Board.

Connor, sorry Happy Valley folks, is just not going to be a special player in the NFL.

Why some think height makes a TE is also pretty sorry...

Most of the DT class seems to be falling a little bit. Then again, maybe its just perception. I know I keep thinking we're going into R4, not 3. Most of these guys like Moore would still be going about where expected if taken in the top half of R3.

My top 5 candidates for pick 72? Kellen Davis, Cliff Avril, Martin Rucker, Pat Sims and Dre Moore. Perhaps not quite my order of preference, but the order which I think they'll consider them.