Interesting story

B Rob

We were replacing floors at the local health department where I am at in Salisbuy MD.Being that it is draft day I was decked out in my Bills gear.The lady that met us there to let us in the building asked what I was doing wearing Bills clothes.I thought she was trying to get smart with me so I asked her why was she a Ravens fan.She kind of paused and then explained to me that she used to be married to a Bills player John Leypoldt a kicker.She told me some stories about living in Buffalo and being there for the blizzard of 77 which I have heard some of you guys talk about.She also told me a story that kind of made me laugh a little.At the games when she went to watch her late husband play Ralph put the players families right under the over hang in the endzone.She said that when the snow would melt all the players families had to bring sheets of plastic to cover up with from the run off from the upper deck.To say the least she didn't have many kind words for "cheap old Ralph".You would think that Ralph could have set the players families up alittle better than that.

She said that John played the last 2 years for the Seahawks.She said It was like a god send being sent to Seatle compared to Buffalo.However after John passed away when she re married she did marry someone else from Buffalo and than moved down here to Salisbury.

Not anything ground breaking just a cool story I thought I would share with you guys.

We were replacing floors at the local health department where I am at in Salisbuy MD.Being that it is draft day I was decked out in my Bills gear.The lady that met us there to let us in the building asked what I was doing wearing Bills clothes.I thought she was trying to get smart with me so I asked her why was she a Ravens fan.She kind of paused and then explained to me that she used to be married to a Bills player John Leypoldt a kicker.She told me some stories about living in Buffalo and being there for the blizzard of 77 which I have heard some of you guys talk about.She also told me a story that kind of made me laugh a little.At the games when she went to watch her late husband play Ralph put the players families right under the over hang in the endzone.She said that when the snow would melt all the players families had to bring sheets of plastic to cover up with from the run off from the upper deck.To say the least she didn't have many kind words for "cheap old Ralph".You would think that Ralph could have set the players families up alittle better than that.

She said that John played the last 2 years for the Seahawks.She said It was like a god send being sent to Seatle compared to Buffalo.However after John passed away when she re married she did marry someone else from Buffalo and than moved down here to Salisbury.

Not anything ground breaking just a cool story I thought I would share with you guys.

Cool. John Leypoldt was a pretty good kicker for the Bills back in the '70s. I believe he is still the only Bill to never have attended college.

Cool. John Leypoldt was a pretty good kiccker for the Bills back in the '70s. I believe he is still the only Bill to never have attended college.

What about Roscoe Parrish?

Back in the 70's, it was more of an owner vs player mentality. Now teams are all big-money corporate getouts that try to woo free agents and keep the players as comfortable as possible. With today's salaries, players are investments instead of the employees they were back then.

There is a "rumor" that a certain key player would hold Ralph for ransom before certain games. If Ralph didn't cough up a few extra C-notes before kickoff...he would say an injury was acting up and he didn't know if he could take the field.

What about Roscoe Parrish?

Back in the 70's, it was more of an owner vs player mentality. Now teams are all big-money corporate getouts that try to woo free agents and keep the players as comfortable as possible. With today's salaries, players are investments instead of the employees they were back then.

There is a "rumor" that a certain key player would hold Ralph for ransom before certain games. If Ralph didn't cough up a few extra C-notes before kickoff...he would say an injury was acting up and he didn't know if he could take the field.

What about Parrish? He went to Miami. He might not be the brightest bulb in the box but he still went to college.

Cool story.