Take best player available - even at #11

Of the possibly available, I'd take:

1. Branden Albert - IMO, instant starter and makes Bills O-line one of the best. Can give the team a devastating run game that keeps the pressure off the QB. Plus, he provides great depth if one of the Tackles go down - or even move Langston to G. Albert has 10-year starter written all over him.

2. Leodis McKelvin - He looks like a very solid player. With coaching, likely to start Game 1 and could give the Bills a very nice secondary -- helped by improvements at DT. Moreover, McKelvin maybe more dangerous than McGee or Parrish at returner. Could be a special player.

3. Derrick Harvey - I'm not yet convinced Harvey is a game changer on Day 1 but he has the great potential to start by game Four and give the Bills a weapon they need to become a good defense. Boom or Bust pick.

4. Devon Thomas - Although Thomas starts Day One and helps Evans and the Offense, I just don't know if Thomas will be a very good receiver or very, very average. Besides, I think taking Jordy Nelson in the 2nd is much better bet. Nelson may never be a #1 like Thomas but chances are Nelson will be a can't miss #2.

1. Branden Albert - IMO, instant starter and makes Bills O-line one of the best. Can give the team a devastating run game that keeps the pressure off the QB. Plus, he provides great depth if one of the Tackles go down - or even move Langston to G. Albert has 10-year starter written all over him.

2. Leodis McKelvin - He looks like a very solid player. With coaching, likely to start Game 1 and could give the Bills a very nice secondary -- helped by improvements at DT. Moreover, McKelvin maybe more dangerous than McGee or Parrish at returner. Could be a special player.

3. Derrick Harvey - I'm not yet convinced Harvey is a game changer on Day 1 but he has the great potential to start by game Four and give the Bills a weapon they need to become a good defense. Boom or Bust pick.

4. Devon Thomas - Although Thomas starts Day One and helps Evans and the Offense, I just don't know if Thomas will be a very good receiver or very, very average. Besides, I think taking Jordy Nelson in the 2nd is much better bet. Nelson may never be a #1 like Thomas but chances are Nelson will be a can't miss #2.

I'd LOVE to get Branden Albert. He's a beast and resembles Peters in the way he moves. VERY athletic. Get him, move Walker inside to RG and we have one of the best Olines in the league for years. Center notwithstanding.

GREAT point about Jordy Nelson. A can't miss #2? Never looked at it that way.

GO BILLS!!!

Rashaun Woods was a can't-miss WR in the 2004 draft. We know how that turned out for the 49ers. No one is 'can't-miss'. But the thing that really bugs me about Nelson at this point is that my prediction a few weeks ago seems to be coming true: he's probably not going to make it to pick 41. The Bills will likely have to trade up for any of these taller WRs if they pass in R1.

I'd just take Devin Thomas if I were them, assuming he's their top-rated WR.

Devin Thomas is not worth the 11th pick. He only had 1 good year. He wasn't consistent throughout college, though last year does show the amount of improvement he made. I just think that #11 is SURELY too high to take him. I could deal with the selection of Albert.

I think we are looking at all 4 and possibly all of them can be on the board at 11. Always draft BPA!

I like those picks but in this order Harvey, Albert, McKelvin, (Thomas only with a trade down) best Mock I saw had us getting Albert after a trade-down with Detroit

I'd LOVE to get Branden Albert. He's a beast and resembles Peters in the way he moves. VERY athletic. Get him, move Walker inside to RG and we have one of the best Olines in the league for years. Center notwithstanding.

GREAT point about Jordy Nelson. A can't miss #2? Never looked at it that way.

GO BILLS!!!

And that position isn't important at all :lol:

Who, in this really deep draft, would be your replacement for Fowler?

Mike Pollak. Many scouts have him graded higher then any C from last years class. If we trade down in round one we can use the pick on Pollak. I agree that the draft is deep. WR, CB, RB, OL are loaded this year

BTW do you really have 280 people on ignore list? I thought my list was bad

You do realize that this slate of players would not be a pure BPA strategy. Rather it is BPA by NEED position. Buffalo has a NEED at WR, TE, CB and RG. Drafting these guys would be BPA by need, not simply BPA. And thank you for not including Jared Mayon on this list.

That said, I would like to see Harvey or Thomas. McKelvin is a bit overrated and I also don't think he'll be there at 11. I think the Pats take him at #7. Buffalo would do well to take either Harvey or Thomas, though I can see us moving down in the round and trying to get an additional second or third rounder and taking the best receiver available at that later spot. Likely 17 or 19.

Mike Pollak. Many scouts have him graded higher then any C from last years class. If we trade down in round one we can use the pick on Pollak. I agree that the draft is deep. WR, CB, RB, OL are loaded this year

BTW do you really have 280 people on ignore list? I thought my list was bad

Pollack is a beast of a center and would be the best possible replacement for Fowler. Pollack looks a lot like Mangold and with him and Fowler as a backup, the position would be much better, and the O-Line would be complete.

Mike Pollak. Many scouts have him graded higher then any C from last years class. If we trade down in round one we can use the pick on Pollak.

Ah...I see. A smart, finese center nine pounds lighter than Fowler. Want to trade a dollar for a buck?

I've seen Pollak listed on a few overrated lists as well....but I suppose with his name, he'd be a big fan favorite at RWS.

i would be thrilled with branden albert.........and yes i think we should just draft the best players available when our turn comes all day today and tomorrow..go bills!

Just curious - why all the love for Albert. While I've read the rare athletic ability, almost every site questions his toughness and dedication. It sound very much like D'Brick from the Jets that we all were hoping to get in that draft. And, dare I say, a lot like Mike Williams. It seems O-lineman need to like to play physical.