Mel Kiper Jr.

Mel has been doing this for years. One of the first if not the first to this sort of sh--. Yeah he may not get his picks right and he may be off on his evaluations, but as far as knowledge of a player there is no better. His hair can never go away it's legendary to everyone who watches the draft. I just don't think draft day would be the same without him. That beign said I switch between NFLN and ESPN as far as draft coverage.

If this guy is such a genius, why doesnt he try and be a GM and actually make the damn picks... I would like to see that so we could all watch his dumbass fail!

He pisses me off. Get a haircut, jackass!

Kiper's job on an NFL team would be head of scouting. He makes a lot more doing what he's doing. I admire the guy for sticking to his opinions. Mike Greenburg said that if you ask him about a player most likely to end up a UFA he can give you a lot of information from memory. In the public scouting arena he's the best. He's grating and not always right but he is very knowledgeable. The GM's don't like him because he's openly critical and a lot of the time he's right.

If he ever went bald I don't know what I'd do. :lol:

If this guy is such a genius, why doesnt he try and be a GM and actually make the damn picks... I would like to see that so we could all watch his dumbass fail!

Hmmmm....watch film, work extensively for only a quarter of the year, make great money, buy hair gel and enjoy untouchable job security....

or

work for an NFL team, watch more film, work harder ALL the time, make less money, lose beautiful hair from stress and get fired within 3 years....

Toughie....

"...The show must go on."

Ba de a ba de a ba de a, That's all, folks! :lol:

Why should he? He has made a fortune for himself doing what he does and his job will NEVER go away.

Would you give up his high paying position for one with real risk?

Only a fool would make that career change.

Why should he? He has made a fortune for himself doing what he does and his job will NEVER go away.

Would you give up his high paying position for one with real risk?

Only a fool would make that career change.

So you think there's a chance?

because his job is evaluating talent, not building a team or creating mock drafts which seems to be the only thing the majority of the people on this board judge people by

he probably makes more a year then most GMs and has been doing his own thing for 30 years, why would he want to do anything else

[/quote

why woul he want to be a GM. That's work and accountability. This is his hobby, his passion... and he gets paid a lot of money. The 15-35 crowd just love to give him money, so why not?