Ruben Brown on weck 1230 am

I'm not one of the draft gurus but I 100% agree. There are very few competent offenses in the NFL that lack a decent pass-catching TE, and that is something we haven't had here since Jay Riemersma. It just might open up play sequences other than run-run-pass-punt.

The best way for Buffalo to be sure they get a tight end would be to trade down and acquire an additional second or third round pick. Particularly if they can get an additional second. That way they can get one of the three top TEs in the draft, AND a CB in round 2. Buffalo should NOT use a First on a TE but definitely their second. A guy like Fred Davis, Dustin Kellar, or Martellus Bennett is likely worth a Second.

FYI, our entire WECK draft show (minus the first few minutes because I wasn't recording yet) are now available at www.buffalomainevent.com in mp3 form... lots of good stuff in there from Ruben Brown and Scott Wilson (formerly of WGR.)

FYI, our entire WECK draft show (minus the first few minutes because I wasn't recording yet) are now available at www.buffalomainevent.com in mp3 form... lots of good stuff in there from Ruben Brown and Scott Wilson (formerly of WGR.)

Cool. Have to give that a listen.

One can assume, then, that you'll be starting to get some more stuff online either on the blog or at the "Sports Bar"?

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
The best way for Buffalo to be sure they get a tight end would be to trade down and acquire an additional second or third round pick. Particularly if they can get an additional second. That way they can get one of the three top TEs in the draft, AND a CB in round 2. Buffalo should NOT use a First on a TE but definitely their second. A guy like Fred Davis, Dustin Kellar, or Martellus Bennett is likely worth a Second.

Ooooooh man... ;)

I read the beginning of this post before I saw the time stamp, and I thought we were talking about ANOTHER CORNER next year. :lol: