Professional Panhandler

erynthered

when i pass people that are panhandling and shake their change cups at me, i usually reply, "No thanks, you keep the money" :lol:

On this past weeks "My Name Is Earl", Randy was walking by one panhandler that shook his cup at him and said "change". Randy reaches in a grabs some and says "thanks".

There's a scam going on where a foreign woman will approach someone and tell them that she has won the lottery but because she's an illegal alien she can't claim it. So she offers the ticket up to be split with the mark. She takes the mark to a store to check the numbers and sure enough the numbers match! At that point the mark is convinced they have a real situation going on. The scammer tells the mark that she has to be able to trust him so he has to give her $5000 or whatever the mark may have in their account. After the mark brings her the money she pretends to be sick and asks the mark to go get her some tylenol and gives him the ticket. When he comes back she's gone. When he takes the ticket to the store it has the winning numbers from the day before on it.

Sleazy but well crafted.

You have to be an idiot & deserve to lose your money if you fall for that scam. First off, at least in NYS, they have these machines you scan the tickets in & it will tell you if it is a winner. Pretty much every store that sells lottery tickets has this machine.