NYPD Detectives Acquitted

KD in CA

No, not 50 shots from one officer, 50 shots from four officers.

I'm still waiting for one of the resident police experts to tell us what the allowable # of shots is for police when facing a life threatening situation.

FBI trains 3 shot bursts and 3 shots everytime if subject is still moving and potential for harm to agent or others is still present. In fact it's two the body one to the head, is the expected targeting. When I trained with them years ago, I got the impression this is what they were also tarining police forces they worked with for hostile situations. So whenevr you hear of a shooting you should see the number of shots by the good guys is usually divisible by 3. :w00t:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBI trains 3 shot bursts and 3 shots everytime if subject is still moving and potential for harm to agent or others is still present. In fact it's two the body one to the head, is the expected targeting. When I trained with them years ago, I got the impression this is what they were also tarining police forces they worked with for hostile situations. So whenevr you hear of a shooting you should see the number of shots by the good guys is usually divisible by 3. :w00t:

Good to know. If I ever have to shoot someone in self defense and it only takes 2 shots to put them down, I will fire once more...or 4 times...or 7. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. :D

In street situations, FBI Agents are less than a pimple on the ass of New York City Police Officers.

Hope this helps.

In street situations, FBI Agents are less than a pimple on the ass of New York City Police Officers.

Hope this helps.

So you're saying HRT sucks. I'll let my buddy know you said that. BTW, I wasn't talking your standard FBI lawyer in a suit. We trained with HRT in building clearing and fuselage engagements. Not sure where you get your impressions from, but these guys were pretty damn amazing in live fire exercises when I did one afternoon a week with them for a year.

So you're saying HRT sucks. I'll let my buddy know you said that. BTW, I wasn't talking your standard FBI lawyer in a suit. We trained with HRT in building clearing and fuselage engagements. Not sure where you get your impressions from, but these guys were pretty damn amazing in live fire exercises when I did one afternoon a week with them for a year.

I don't even know what HRT is, but what I will repeat is that in street situations, FBI agents are not even almost the equal of NYC Police Officers.

Please, do tell your buddy I said this.

I don't even know what HRT is, but what I will repeat is that in street situations, FBI agents are not even almost the equal of NYC Police Officers.

Please, do tell your buddy I said this.

hostage rescue team. basically their swat guys. A lot are former special forces or from city swat teams. And if you mean street situations like crowd control, etc... yeah they're aren't trained for that. The field agents are basically lawyers/judges with guns and the hrt guys are the Marines of the FBI. You don't send them unless you want bodies.

There is a certian character type that's drawn to police work, and even those that don't fall into that category become that way by being surrounded by it. Like I said, most of my life I"ve been surrounded by cops, and to this day still have lots childhood friends that are cops. And they all know how I feel, and most, once I can focus them long enough to actually hear what I"m saying instead of flying off the handle right away, agree with me. It's a testerone driven career that is full of dominant peronalities. Add to that the stress that the job adds to their lives, it just becomes a mess.

I think that is largely a fair assessment. I am also almost always on the side of the police in these situations (including this one).

hostage rescue team. basically their swat guys. A lot are former special forces or from city swat teams. And if you mean street situations like crowd control, etc... yeah they're aren't trained for that. The field agents are basically lawyers/judges with guns and the hrt guys are the Marines of the FBI. You don't send them unless you want bodies.

I have met many talented feds. I have even been impressed by Postal Inspectors. All I was getting at is that Feds are not cops. Cops are different.

I don't doubt the capability of these HRT people at what they do, but they might be a little lost walking a foot post on Nostrand Ave. between Linden Blvd. and Parkside on a hot August Friday night.

I have met many talented feds. I have even been impressed by Postal Inspectors. All I was getting at is that Feds are not cops. Cops are different.

I don't doubt the capability of these HRT people at what they do, but they might be a little lost walking a foot post on Nostrand Ave. between Linden Blvd. and Parkside on a hot August Friday night.

Fine. I was answering the questions of what # shots is allowable. Since I was never a police officer I don't know. But what the FBI and HRT trained was 3. They also said they worked with police departments around the country and trained the same technique.

I would say spend more time at the range.

And get what? Gun happy... Not that I don't mind. You did hit the nail on the head. Proably because the guy popping the 31 shots off of his individual weapon did spend a lot of time on the range... He just didn't realize that he was using excessive force.

And really... I am leaning that these guys should be aquitted... That doesn't mean they didn't act competent and with proper judgement though... That they should be fired for and a civil settlement should be reached.

IMO

Service.

It isn't about one's self. It is about SERVICE to others no matter what it does to you.

A lot of people have a hard time understanding this. If one doesn't, one shouldn't find theirself servitude of others.

Unfortunately, these didn't guys think best about the taxpayers that they serve... They will surely pay!

Were they good custodians... Probably not...

No, as very general view, that's about right. When talking about their individual personalities, I don't have a very high opinion of them. There is a certian character type that's drawn to police work, and even those that don't fall into that category become that way by being surrounded by it. Like I said, most of my life I"ve been surrounded by cops, and to this day still have lots childhood friends that are cops. And they all know how I feel, and most, once I can focus them long enough to actually hear what I"m saying instead of flying off the handle right away, agree with me. It's a testerone driven career that is full of dominant peronalities. Add to that the stress that the job adds to their lives, it just becomes a mess.

Bingo!

Are you kidding me? That is beyond stupid. Whatever you do, please do not call the cops that you have so much contempt for and expect them to risk their lives for any emergency situation you may find yourself in.

You say my argument is "beyond stupid" yet you don't say why, or offer any counter-point. I realize from your previous post that I am arguing with someone who thinks the police acted properly (God help us all) but that's not an argument ... Less name-calling and a counter-point, please. For now, I am assuming you're calling my statement "beyond stupid" simply because it doesn't agree with your point of view.

No, not 50 shots from one officer, 50 shots from four officers.

I'm still waiting for one of the resident police experts to tell us what the allowable # of shots is for police when facing a life threatening situation.

Currently being a fed (who some would say are not cops????) but having also been a uniformed police officer,

trained to shoot until the threat stops.

I think NYPD is still carrying 9mm (which is a crap round) so 50 rounds is not that many when your trying to hit a person concealed behind a metal door, windows, headrests, etc, etc.

I can easily see how 50 rounds could get fired off in this situation.

I am glad the cops were exhonerated. I hope the federal government doesn't try to step in to make the grooms family feel better.

Just curious, how many of you have seen the full criminal histories for all the people in the vehicle? Heard from a friend that between them there were over 50 arrests for drug related crimes including possession of a handgun, and assaulting PO's.

Until you have put on the badge, body armor, belt, and gun, kissed your wife and children goodbye and went out on the streets as a cop where at times you didn't think you were going home at the end of your shift (YOU ALMOST GOT KILLED!!!) then please don't try to explain how the police officers in this case overstepped their authority, did the wrong thing, or used poor judgement.

If your experience with firearms is limited to time on the range where you shoot cans, you have no experience.

The bad guy knows what he is going to do, I have a fraction of a second to react to his actions, and sometimes I have to and will kill them to ensure I go home at the end of the tour.

Some of you guys make me sick. The irony is that the ones complaining about the police are the same ones calling 911 at all hours of the day and night and then complaining about everything.

Currently being a fed (who some would say are not cops????) but having also been a uniformed police officer,

I think NYPD is still carrying 9mm (which is a crap round) so 50 rounds is not that many when your trying to hit a person concealed behind a metal door, windows, headrests, etc, etc.

I am glad the cops were exhonerated. I hope the federal government doesn't try to step in to make the grooms family feel better.

Just curious, how many of you have seen the full criminal histories for all the people in the vehicle? Heard from a friend that between them there were over 50 arrests for drug related crimes including possession of a handgun, and assaulting PO's.

Until you have put on the badge, body armor, belt, and gun, kissed your wife and children goodbye and went out on the streets as a cop where at times you didn't think you were going home at the end of your shift (YOU ALMOST GOT KILLED!!!) then please don't try to explain how the police officers in this case overstepped their authority, did the wrong thing, or used poor judgement.

If your experience with firearms is limited to time on the range where you shoot cans, you have no experience.

The bad guy knows what he is going to do, I have a fraction of a second to react to his actions, and sometimes I have to and will kill them to ensure I go home at the end of the tour.

Some of you guys make me sick. The irony is that the ones complaining about the police are the same ones calling 911 at all hours of the day and night and then complaining about everything.

Nicely put. Thank you for your service, sir. :wallbash:

Thank you. I wasn't going to waste the key strokes.

Thank you. I wasn't going to waste the key strokes.

Yeah, I wasn't either, but I kept getting more and more pissed as I read the posts. I had to do something to support the thin blue line.

Yeah, I wasn't either, but I kept getting more and more pissed as I read the posts. I had to do something to support the thin blue line.

Anyone in uniform, brother.

There are valid points about guys who push their authority or are dicks when there's little reason to be. But it's a small percentage.

I'd never try to analyze this situation based on what the media has reported. I can only imagine how those assclowns would twist some of the crap I've been in.

Everyone who's being critical needs to take a step back and realize how little they actually know about the situation. If you complain about the media, understand that this story is being reported this way for what is likely the reason you have that feeling.

If you complain about the media, understand that this story is being reported this way for what is likely the reason you have that feeling.

I know the police were wrong because the guy was a 'groom-to-be'. :wallbash: