Skip Bayless On ESPN Was Comparing McFadden

Steely Dan

Yeah the players he played against were as fast and as big as they are today. :lol::blink:

Granted he would be playing against tougher competition, but to say that he would 'not be that good' is asinine.

Granted he would be playing against tougher competition, but to say that he would 'not be that good' is asinine.

Thats why I said "IMO". I also dont think he would have been able to take the "hits" from todays players. I saw him play at the Rock and I've met the man. He would not have been a good RB in todays game.

Thats why I said "IMO". I also dont think he would have been able to take the "hits" from todays players. I saw him play at the Rock and I've met the man. He would not have been a good RB in todays game.

If he was brought up today who knows what his style would be? Who knows what today's training would turn him into?

The way he did run though would not translate well...bouncing outside etc.

If he was brought up today who knows what his style would be? Who knows what today's training would turn him into?

The way he did run though would not translate well...bouncing outside etc.

See. Thats your opinion. I can appreciate that. But for webtoejam to call my opinion assinie is...well......asinine. He may as well go over to TSW and post in every mock draft thread that their opinions are asinine.

Then again. He'd be right. :lol:

I think the quality of football was slightly better in the 70s than it is now.. Offensive linemen are bigger now--but that would be to OJs advantage. D linemen are as small or smaller than before.. Plus people rarely got great hits on him. OJ was solid as a rock. He couldnt take hits from todays playerss?? But he could take hits from mean Joe Greene and the steel curtain...the Oakland Raiders...The Kansas City Chiefs..... Your post is ridiculous. --I suppose Gale Sayers couldnt take those damn hits either.

You have to remember that back when he was playing OL's weren't allowed to use their hands. I think he'd be just fine.

Yeah, big running backs with 4.4 speed and outstanding moves that stay healthy never seem to make it... :beer:

I wonder what OJs 40 speed would be today(well probbly slow;0---but i mean with the clocking they use)....He was only a part of the 4x 100 relay team at USC that broke the world record...but other than that his accelerationn was worrisome--the way he got caught from behind all the time.