We're going to be a defensive team folks

Adding to Defense in free agency says to me that the scouts and personell people felt free agency was weak in offense this year, and/or the 2008 draft class is weak in defense and deeper in offense.

We added three players. One a career backup. This defense sorely needs more young talent. The number one goal of the FO since we got rid of Donahoe has been to rebuild the defense with youth. 3 of the first 4 picks were offensive players last year. I would be willing to bet that 3 of the first 4 will be defensive players in this draft, with the lone offensive player being a 2nd round TE that they think can step right in and challenge for starting time. Our passing game has struggled for years because we did not have an intermediate threat on offense, no one who could get open in the middle of the field. Maybe we take a WR in round one, but I seriously doubt it. We need to come out of this draft with a pass rusher, a LB who can project to start in one or two seasons, and a CB. This defense is still under construction and they are not changing philosophy because Lee Evans can't beat double coverage. Adding a viable pass-catching TE is a more pressing need, and, considering the TE depth in this draft, a more likely high round addition.