Michael Moore's next film....

Buftex

My doctor gave me some samples of blood pressure medicine. He wanted to see if it worked before I had to spend $ for the co-pay on the brand name drug. The first one he gave me didin't work at all. After a week, I talked to him and he gave me samples of a different drug. That one worked in 6 hours to lower my bp from 180/110 to 125/85. After a week to see if it worked, he wrote a regular prescription for that drug. I'm glad he had the samples, instead of making me waste $ on a drug that wouldn't work for me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, so criticizing America is now considered un-patriotic?  Some of the greatest patriots in history were activists who sought to change the stats quo.  I will remember that every time GW pulls out the "we have differences of opinions, but that is what makes this country so great" cliche!

73831[/snapback]

He goes abroad and calls Americans the dumbest people on the planet. Yes, there are un-patriotic people and, yes, that is un-patriotic. When he's on American soil, though, he criticizes Bush or "stupid white people". He tailors his little rants towards his audiences. He's a con artist. He will tell you whatever you want to hear if he thinks he can sell a book or a movie.

Young college students will gobble up everything he says and accept his views and the 'facts' he supposedly presents in his work. They don't know any better; college life isn't the real world. He thinks they're stupid. He counts on it. Otherwise he wouldn't load his books and movies with easily debunked myths and contradictions. But he goes ahead and does that anyway because he knows his target audience is eager to hear negative things about the American government or the American people in general (depending on who he's talking to that day).

Whatever he does with his money, he makes enough from his shtick that I don't think he's worried about making donations to whatever he wants. He lives in a million dollar apartment and employs teams of lawyers. He's a corporation. He's basically a televangelist for the left. I can't get excited about the good he's done (and occasionally he donates to real charities) because he's doing it with dirty money, his spare change from his products.

He is the big guys now...He is about making money for himself that's it.  I didn't see him lowering ticket prices to f911 just to get people to see it.  He is just like most rich people they are just trying to get richer, nothing wrong with that IMHO, unless you pretend you are doing for the good of the world.

I wonder if he will do a film on trial lawyers?

72190[/snapback]

I guess it isn't possible to do both, make money and do good for the world or to have more than one motivation?

it takes about $800M just to bring a drug to market--yes that's 800M!  Do you know how much research, time, money and effort is spent on drugs that never even make it to market?  Unfortunately we subsidize the rest of the world.

75630[/snapback]

people can't understand this apparently...or if they can, they don't care and just want things for free

I guess it isn't possible to do both, make money and do good for the world or to have more than one motivation?

79777[/snapback]

I think he has every right to make as much as he wants. I have NEVER seen one of his movies and never will but I have also never critiqued them either IMO I think he is just a sham. I just don't like people to make him out to be someone who is just out for the "little guy" when, once again IMO, I think he wants to make money.

I am just not sure what GOOD his films do for the world and never will because I won't see one.