Two days out, after all of my draft analysis,

I have a cousin who set swimming records and another who plays guitar for a band. Guess what- I suck at swimming and guitar! Color me unimpressed by DRC. I want football players- not track stars

so just because you're some the only talentless schmoe in your family that means DRC isn't a world-class athlete? i don't understand that logic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so just because you're some the only talentless schmoe in your family that means DRC isn't a world-class athlete? i don't understand that logic.

That's not at all what he meant, he meant you cannot compare DRC to his cousin antonio who plays for SD. Just because Antonio is good doesn't mean DRC is going to be an amazing CB as well just because they are cousins like one poster stated.

That's not at all what he meant, he meant you cannot compare DRC to his cousin antonio who plays for SD. Just because Antonio is good doesn't mean DRC is going to be an amazing CB as well just because they are cousins like one poster stated.

and his comparison would have been valid had DRC not come out and put up amazing numbers at the combine.

and his comparison would have been valid had DRC not come out and put up amazing numbers at the combine.

wow the combine doesn't mean sh-- when it actually comes to playing in a football game and how good were his college stats, it's kind of like people saying Rivers is going to be a playmaking lb at the pro level when he had 0 sacks or ints this season at the college level against worse competition. It just doesn't add up but people choose to be nieve and clamor for who they want anyway. It's what makes the draft fun we are all allowed to have our own opinions.

and he got beaten badly and often by inferior athletes his whole career. One game does not justify a high pick. Cromartie on the Chargers is a ferocious tackler. DRC would rather play two hand touch. I much prefer Brandon Flowers and about 10 other CBs over DRC

DRC is quick, fast, fluid, tall who has all of the confidence in the world. I think that our team would have found the answer to Randy Moss. There is no way Moss can out run this guy and with him being tall it makes Brady's margin of error suddenly very narrow. If he's there, the Bills should (and I think will) take DRC, then work on trading back up to grab Kelly somewhere. If DRC, Albert and Rivers (the only other guys worthy of #11 that would help us) are gone, I want the Bills to trade back (see Plan B).

There are two reasons why for the most part DRC will not be the answer for the Bills for Moss.

First, in the classic Cover 2 we only use about 25% of the time according to Fewell or in the version similar to the Tampa 2 which is really our base D, in order to escape DRC, Moss merely needs to run a route of more than 12-15 yards and in our D the safeties (or the MLB over the deep middle) will be covering Moss.

Unless you somehow believe we are gonna switch to a more traditional D where DRC will cover Moss all over the field, DRC is a relatively easily avoidable issue for Moss if the coaches choose to do this.

Second, even if DRC is an incredibly talented rookie (and some credible sources actually have him as the second best CB in this draft behind McKelvin) likely Moss and Welker will be licking their chops to get ahold of any rookie attempting to cover them.

The Bills may well choose DRC (though the far better football move IMHO if we can pull it off would be to trade down to get a WR in the lower part of the round and use the extra pick acquired to get another WR as the loss of PP and Aiken means we need two), but if they do it will be because they disagree with those who insist he is not an aggressive tackler as one would want.

The way we generally utilize CBs the way the Bills play D is press coverage in the short zone (DRC seems to have the size to do this), run contain on outside rushes, a CB blitz from time to time (the tackling concern comes up for these last two uses) and only occaissonally in the traditional CB role where he would need to run with a Moss.

In fact with the potent WRs which NE has and the laser beam arm of Brady, it seems a far better football strategy to go with a zone and a pressuring rush rather than simply manning up when the opposition has better men (even with a DRC choice).

and he got beaten badly and often by inferior athletes his whole career. One game does not justify a high pick. Cromartie on the Chargers is a ferocious tackler. DRC would rather play two hand touch. I much prefer Brandon Flowers and about 10 other CBs over DRC

i've yet to see/read anything saying that rodgers-cromartie was beaten badly and often his whole career.

i've yet to see/read anything saying that rodgers-cromartie was beaten badly and often his whole career.

I have read it many places. Here is one take on DRC

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is an elite athlete, with the physical tools NFL coaches drool over. Is tall with long arms and natural strength. Shows the quickness, speed and fluid hips to turn and run with receivers downfield. Shows the hands to make tough interceptions. At the Senior Bowl, showed quick footwork in backpedal, transitioning to close quickly on passes and using long arms to reach in front of receivers. Shows speed and playmaking ability as a punt returner.

Weaknesses: Is a better athlete than football player; did not play nearly as well in college as he did at the Senior Bowl. At Tennessee State, allowed inferior receivers to separate and catch passes. In college, got upright in backpedal, hindering ability to transition. Lacks natural instincts, and often reacts late to receivers' routes. Shows sloppy and raw technique, raising questions of how well he learns from coaching. Does not play with intensity; does not come upfield quickly in run support, content to allow teammates to make tackles.

Bottom line: Rodgers-Cromartie is a premier athlete who improved his draft stock tremendously at the Senior Bowl. In our experience, most players who knock people's socks off in the spring after failing to impress on film struggle to improve in the NFL. Rodgers-Cromartie must prove his stellar week in Mobile isn't an aberration. He still looks and plays more like the track star he also is -- he won the 60 meter dash at the 2007 Ohio Valley Conference indoor championship. Don't be surprised if an NFL team drafts Rodgers-Cromartie as high as Round 1; we don't recommend it, though, because he is a long way from being a polished NFL cornerback. We wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers-Cromartie followed the path of Andre Woolfolk, a 2003 first-round pick who already is out of the league.

it merely says that he 'allowed' inferior guys to separate and catch passes. nothing about often, and badly...

anywho, i'm getting off the pc for the night. i'll continue this tomorrow.

I guess the point is that you'd expect a player drafted at #11 to own all WRs Middle Tennesee St plays against.

If Deion Sanders played in his conference I don't know if he'd surrender a catch all year....hell, he might be able to do that now.

The fact that he didn't dominate a lower level indicates that either, he's not that good, or was disinterested and has a crap work ethic.

it merely says that he 'allowed' inferior guys to separate and catch passes. nothing about often, and badly...

anywho, i'm getting off the pc for the night. i'll continue this tomorrow.

Twist it anyway you want to but imo that destroyed your argument, it doesn't have to say often and badly and even if it did you would find some other excuse. It shouldn't have happened more than a few times and the fact that they put it as a weakness tells me it happened more than a few times :rolleyes: Allowed tells me recievers that are not as "good" as him beat him multiple times. Idk if there is any point for you to continue this tomorrow as you are going to feel the same way about him as you do now and we have our own opinions so maybe it's better to let it rest??? :rolleyes:

What the heck are you reading???? It sounds like you're reading an inferior draft publication. I got this from NFL.com and it says nothing of him getting beaten badly his whole career, in fact quite the opposite...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dominiqu...romartie?id=306

As for being a ferocious tackler, I'd rather have a corner that has the ability to cover, recover and go the distance after interceptions than the guy that is a linebacker in DB clothing. If you really think this guy can't tackle please take a look at this textbook tackle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAc3Puo68k

This guy is the best CB to come into the league since Deion, Champ and DRC's cousin. I truly believe this.

What the heck are you reading???? It sounds like you're reading an inferior draft publication. I got this from NFL.com and it says nothing of him getting beaten badly his whole career, in fact quite the opposite...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dominiqu...romartie?id=306

As for being a ferocious tackler, I'd rather have a corner that has the ability to cover, recover and go the distance after interceptions than the guy that is a linebacker in DB clothing. If you really think this guy can't tackle please take a look at this textbook tackle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAc3Puo68k

This guy is the best CB to come into the league since Deion, Champ and DRC's cousin. I truly believe this.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: