Pure speculation from Chris Brown regarding DE

Beerball

A DEFENSIVE END OPTION VIA TRADE?: According to the Tampa Tribune exclusive rights free agent DE Greg White of Tampa Bay wants more money than the minimum base salary tender for a second-year player after an impressive rookie campaign in which he racked up eight sacks, seven forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries along with 45 tackles. What exactly the 28-year old would be satisfied with is not clear, but with Tampa not budging his agent may request a trade. The former Arena League star would be an interesting option for teams looking to bolster their pass rush. I know there are a lot of Bills fans that would like to see Buffalo grab Florida's Derrick Harvey at 11, so White could be another and possibly better option as he has proven what he's capable of on the field. Not to mention the fact that Tampa's defense is very similar to Buffalo's. Just a thought.

Is Chris Brown even allowed to talk about anything the Bills may be thinking of doing? Somehow seeing this on BB.com sort of ensures that it ain't happening. Otherwise I think it would be a good deal depending how much we'd have to give up.

PTR

Is Chris Brown even allowed to talk about anything the Bills may be thinking of doing? Somehow seeing this on BB.com sort of ensures that it ain't happening. Otherwise I think it would be a good deal depending how much we'd have to give up.

PTR

I don't see why not. His job is to be the inside journalist, and he's always done idle speculation. I don't see this differently than discussing a draft prospect.

PTR

This would be a trade not a draft pick so I think he could talk about it. I would love to see White in Buffalo for a 3rd maybe.

A DEFENSIVE END OPTION VIA TRADE?: According to the Tampa Tribune exclusive rights free agent DE Greg White of Tampa Bay wants more money than the minimum base salary tender for a second-year player after an impressive rookie campaign in which he racked up eight sacks, seven forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries along with 45 tackles. What exactly the 28-year old would be satisfied with is not clear, but with Tampa not budging his agent may request a trade. The former Arena League star would be an interesting option for teams looking to bolster their pass rush. I know there are a lot of Bills fans that would like to see Buffalo grab Florida's Derrick Harvey at 11, so White could be another and possibly better option as he has proven what he's capable of on the field. Not to mention the fact that Tampa's defense is very similar to Buffalo's. Just a thought.

:thumbsup:

No thanks, can we get someone with a bit more upside, who isn't in their late 20's with only 1 year of production. A guy who's 28 who only has 1 year nfl experience wants a new contract. Pass

Well since he was originally signed to a 1 year contract I'm not sure what else you would expect. If I read Brown's piece correctly he doesn't want to sign Tampas minimum tender. Can't say that I blame him for that.

No thanks, can we get someone with a bit more upside, who isn't in their late 20's with only 1 year of production. A guy who's 28 who only has 1 year nfl experience wants a new contract. Pass

I am a Bucs fan as well as a Bills fan, so I have seen him play. He isn't Bruce, but would be an upgrade to EVERYONE the Bills have except Schobel. If the Bills could get him for a 3rd I would be very happy.

Well since he was originally signed to a 1 year contract I'm not sure what else you would expect. If I read Brown's piece correctly he doesn't want to sign Tampas minimum tender. Can't say that I blame him for that.

He did produce, and should make more then minimum tender. However my problem, with a trade scenairo, is say we get him on a 2 year deal on the cheap, he produces then want's a new contract at 30, after moderate production. You probably won't see all that great production from him, in those post 30 years, and the bills are stuck with yet another bad contract at end. I don't really blame him. It's the age factor. I will say though 7 forced fumbles is pretty impressive.

He did produce, and should make more then minimum tender. However my problem, with a trade scenairo, is say we get him on a 2 year deal on the cheap, he produces then want's a new contract at 30, after moderate production. You probably won't see all that great production from him, in those post 30 years, and the bills are stuck with yet another bad contract at end. I don't really blame him. It's the age factor. I will say though 7 forced fumbles is pretty impressive.

If the Bills make a trade for him I would think it would be for 3-4 years.

If the Bills make a trade for him I would think it would be for 3-4 years.

I'm looking for more of a younger player, who can produce out of their rookie contract/be a starter in a year or 2. Rather then a guy who's around that 30 year mark. I can't knock the guys production, as it's pretty much what I'd love out of a de to start opposite Schobel. If it could be done without giving him a Kelsay type contract I'd be for it on a 3-4 year deal. :thumbsup:

I'm looking for more of a younger player, who can produce out of their rookie contract/be a starter in a year or 2. Rather then a guy who's around that 30 year mark. I can't knock the guys production, as it's pretty much what I'd love out of a de to start opposite Schobel. If it could be done without giving him a Kelsay type contract I'd be for it on a 3-4 year deal. :thumbsup:

He would be MUCH BETTER than any DE we could get after the 1st round. He not only has experience, but experience in the Defense the Bills play. He probably would want a contract comparable to Kelseys, I would be fine with that. The Bills could then use their #1 on another position, either O-line, LB, CB, or trade down, rather than drafting Harvey.

He would be MUCH BETTER than any DE we could get after the 1st round. He not only has experience, but experience in the Defense the Bills play. He probably would want a contract comparable to Kelseys, I would be fine with that. The Bills could then use their #1 on another position, either O-line, LB, CB, or trade down, rather than drafting Harvey.

No way a former arena league player having 1 good year gets a deal like Kelsay's. Wait a minute, how did Kelsay get that deal?