Opportunity missed before draft

The draft is all about opportunity. You are going to have some hits and misses no matter who you are. That means when a rare sure thing presents itself, you should grab it.

If you were a team that had the positional needs:

WR

CB

Owen Schmitt

DE

TE

OL depth

Do we really need more players with bad grades and retro '80s haircuts? There's only so much Leonard Smith nostalgia a fan can handle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The draft is all about opportunity. You are going to have some hits and misses no matter who you are. That means when a rare sure thing presents itself, you should grab it.

If you were a team that had the positional needs:

WR

CB

Owen Schmitt

DE

TE

OL depth

and you had the chance to use your FOURTH round pick not only to take one of those positions, but to fill it with a proven commodity, would you do it?

Of course you would, but the Bills didn't. It is not even draft day and Brandon has failed his first test miserably. Pac Man Jones is a no brainer and we let him get away. Now we are on to the draft where we will inevitably have some hits and some misses. <_<<_<:cry:

Like I said, everyone has hits and misses and Brandon should not be expected to be perfect. But I do think we as fans have the right to expect him to act on obvious situations like this. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Look, you can draft for need OR take the best player available regardless of position. But there is ONE draft rule that trumps all others:

ALWAYS TAKE THE BEST OWEN SCHMITT AVAILABLE.

PacMan Jones, as good as he is both on and off the field (can't argue with his community work in that bright orange outfit), he is no Owen Schmitt.

GO BILLS!!!

Look, you can draft for need OR take the best player available regardless of position. But there is ONE draft rule that trumps all others:

ALWAYS TAKE THE BEST OWEN SCHMITT AVAILABLE.

PacMan Jones, as good as he is both on and off the field (can't argue with his community work in that bright orange outfit), he is no Owen Schmitt.

Neither is John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Close!... But not quite.

You may have missed it, but Dallas got him yesterday with a lesser 4th than ours.

No...didn't miss anything. But if the Bills ever sign a player like Pac-man then they might as well move to Toronto because that would be a complete embarassment to the team, organization and community. That we even have 1 fan that would think that would be a good idea absolutely stuns me.

How does inviting a suspended ciminal to stand on your sidelines (while collecting money from you, occupying a valuable roster spot and taking up valuable cap space) help to keep you from losing?

Where did Roger Goodell grow up?

<_<<_<:cry:

To your points:

Pac Man has had 6 arrests. 2.5 of these were clearly in error and he is all done with that stuff.

He would play if he came to Buffalo because Goodell is from Jamestown.

Playstation 2? I have not had one of those in 8 years. I am now using a Playstation 4 test machine direct from Sony's labs.

You know that for sure?!?!?!

Pac Man has had 6 arrests. 2.5 of these were clearly in error and he is all done with that stuff.

You know that for sure?!?!?!

The mean number of crimes committed is 3.5 and anything other than that number must be considered an error. 6 is way off, and as such it is very unlikely to move to 7 which would be a much bigger error.

The mean number of crimes committed is 3.5 and anything other than that number must be considered an error. 6 is way off, and as such it is very unlikely to move to 7 which would be a much bigger error.

Right if you say so.........? AND I meant you know for sure he is don'e and is not going to commit any more crimes cuz that's what you said "he is done with that stuff" were your words. If you know that...you can fill my next lottery ticket out for me.

Right if you say so.........? AND I meant you know for sure he is don'e and is not going to commit any more crimes cuz that's what you said "he is done with that stuff" were your words. If you know that...you can fill my next lottery ticket out for me.

He is done with that stuff statistically. You can't look at these things emotionally. Numbers are numbers.

He is done with that stuff statistically. You can't look at these things emotionally. Numbers are numbers.

What are you talking about he is done with that stuff statistically wtf does that mean he hasn't played any football since being suspended you have no statistics?!?!?!?