Last years Draft...

Picked one spot before the Bills selection--just like Big Ben a few years ago.

What might have been...

To answer the post, the talk was about Willis, Lynch, Poz, Revis, Hall. As to this response my answer is WHAT? Yeah, Willis is a hell of a linebacker, but if you thought our Offense was terrible last year, imagine that season without Lynch. Again, last year Buffalo was smart and drafted a great player at a position of greatest need in the first round. Even if Willis was there at our spot, I would have rather had them take Lynch. They both had amazing rookie seasons, but Buffalo should be drafting best player at need positions, not BPA. We tried that when TD was here and that approach didn't work.

To answer the post, the talk was about Willis, Lynch, Poz, Revis, Hall. As to this response my answer is WHAT? Yeah, Willis is a hell of a linebacker, but if you thought our Offense was terrible last year, imagine that season without Lynch. Again, last year Buffalo was smart and drafted a great player at a position of greatest need in the first round. Even if Willis was there at our spot, I would have rather had them take Lynch. They both had amazing rookie seasons, but Buffalo should be drafting best player at need positions, not BPA. We tried that when TD was here and that approach didn't work.

The only reason the Bills HAD to draft Lynch in the first round was they got rid of all other options and provided themselves no backup plan.

A couple of nights before draft weekend, I met Chris Berman and Mort at Sparks steakhouse in New York City. I asked Berman who the Bills were going to take, and he told me that he was hearing that the Bills really liked David Harris, LB--Michigan (Mort agreed). I predicted on this board that the Bills were going to take Harris as a result of that conversation, and then Kiper later that day listed Harris as the pick in his mock draft.

Kind of interesting since the Bills could have selected Harris in the second round.

A couple of nights before draft weekend, I met Chris Berman and Mort at Sparks steakhouse in New York City. I asked Berman who the Bills were going to take, and he told me that he was hearing that the Bills really liked David Harris, LB--Michigan (Mort agreed). I predicted on this board that the Bills were going to take Harris as a result of that conversation, and then Kiper later that day listed Harris as the pick in his mock draft.

Kind of interesting since the Bills could have selected Harris in the second round.

but we drafted Poz in the first- why would we draft Harris after Poz? Perhaps Berman is the cab driver...