Too late

ieatcrayonz

lol, i like how this is getting national attention now.

he's had that thing running for a while. i even got to drive it once.

a lot of tech guys are regulars at that bar.

Did you get to spray a bum?

It wouldn't be as fun as spraying a hippie but still pretty good.

Did you get to spray a bum?

It wouldn't be as fun as spraying a hippie but still pretty good.

no, no bums were present (surprisingly). that location is bum central. there is a shelter near by and a partially abandoned park. its like a perfect bum storm sometimes.

great little bar though.

Street people say it's intimidating.

Good. That's the point.

Toothless, drunken, B.O. smelling "street people" aren't intimidating? Atlanta and D.C. have got to be the worst two cities in terms of that. You can't walk a block without having some whacked-out scumbag ask for $1 so he can get some 'food' or a cab ride back home because 'his wife left him and took his wallet.' Tell 'em no and they're quite quick to tell you that you're the one on your way to hell. Give 'em a quarter and their little friends congregate around, much like a zombie film... (chaaaaannnggeeee...).

This guy needs to start mass producing these robots. What a genius. They can drive 'em around from precinct offices.

The City of Atlanta has gotten much cleaner over the past 5 years or so. They've put some anti-panhandling ordinances in effect. There's also been a resurgence of the downtown area, too. There are probably between 8 - 10 20 story buildings down there now that didn't exist 10 years ago.

I actually do feel bad for people in a generally crappy situation, but I also think that the only way it gets better is by making it harder to be a bum down-on-his-luck quality person, with just a touch of bad luck. Advocacies and terming them 'street people' doesn't do a whole hell of a lot to curb the problem.

Toothless, drunken, B.O. smelling "street people" aren't intimidating? Atlanta and D.C. have got to be the worst two cities in terms of that. You can't walk a block without having some whacked-out scumbag ask for $1 so he can get some 'food' or a cab ride back home because 'his wife left him and took his wallet.' Tell 'em no and they're quite quick to tell you that you're the one on your way to hell. Give 'em a quarter and their little friends congregate around, much like a zombie film... (chaaaaannnggeeee...).

Isn't San Francisco still part of the US?

no, no bums were present (surprisingly). that location is bum central. there is a shelter near by and a partially abandoned park. its like a perfect bum storm sometimes.

great little bar though.

Where exactly is it? The bums were parking cars at a shelter near the office for a while. Usually in private lots. They'd take the $20, hand the driver some stupid little tag (probably found on the ground), and go buy a shiny new crack rock or three. When the drivers would come back 8 hours later, they'd be quite shocked to see a boot on the car.

Me? I love the Irish. I'm thinking about changing my name to gringo O'starrnahan and becoming an Irish-themed poster.

gringo O'starrnahan, at the corner of good posts and good times.

It's not easy, being green.

Where exactly is it? The bums were parking cars at a shelter near the office for a while. Usually in private lots. They'd take the $20, hand the driver some stupid little tag (probably found on the ground), and go buy a shiny new crack rock or three. When the drivers would come back 8 hours later, they'd be quite shocked to see a boot on the car.

between midtown and downtown on piedmont, right near the atlanta civic center.

maybe 3 or 4 blocks south of ponce

So people would give their car to a homeless person and think they were parking valet? Them folks is none to smart.

So people would give their car to a homeless person and think they were parking valet? Them folks is none to smart.

Nah, they'd get out of the car and the homeless dude would play attendant. He'd run up and say something like '$20 flat rate.' The driver would fork over a $20 and be handed a ticket of some sort... perhaps from a sporting event the weekend before. The driver would walk away believing they've paid, the bum would pocket the $20. When the real attendants (or property owner) show up, the cars were getting booted.

The parking lot they were doing this at was adjacent to a homeless shelter.

The building I work in sent out an alert to all of the tenants. It was getting pretty bad for a while. The people that worked there knew better, but all of the day-to-day business visitors didn't fare so well.

between midtown and downtown on piedmont, right near the atlanta civic center.

maybe 3 or 4 blocks south of ponce

I drive past the Civic Center every day, yeah, that's bum-ville. From there up towards Marietta St, and then down towards Peachtree.

I drive past the Civic Center every day, yeah, that's bum-ville. From there up towards Marietta St, and then down towards Peachtree.

you should stop in O'Terrills sometime. although, i havent been there in probably 8 months.

it is mostly tech guys that hang out there after work. partially how i got to know all our shared friends.