Anquan Boldin requests trade

Pete

I understand the reasoning behind it...but tell me why Alexander would bother coming to Buff in hte first place? you are telling him you are trading him? James has been more productive than Alexander the last 2 years. AZ doesnt/cant pay Boldin, so what happens when Lee's contract is up next year? they have to pay him too and he's on the same level as boldin.

It is called a "sign and trade". It happens in the NBA all the time and the players are down with it. With Boldin and Evans we can play them off against each other contract-wise and sign whoever comes cheaper. We can draft a #2 wide receiver next year that way.

It frees up this years draft for areas of need like CB,LB,Owen Schmitt,DL and LB.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking that Alexander is over the hill is overrated. See this ------> |_| ? Try thinking outside of it for a change. Why do you oppose progress?

I cant believe i'm actually responding to this b/c this whole idea is absoultely ridiculous.

Edge - age - 29. surpassed 1,000 yards the past 5 years.

Shaun Alexander - age 30 - has NOT surpassed 1,000 yards the past 2 years AND has been injured during both seasons.

I'm not against getting Boldin, i love the guy. I'm just saying signing and trading Alexander and a 4th, or Alexander and a player to be named 'later' - Lee Evans in 2009 - - is just stoooopid for thinking its possible. And yes, our cap hit would not be worth it either b/c Alexander isnt going to sign for a 'back loaded' contract at age 30.

Shaun Alexander - age 30 - has NOT surpassed 1,000 yards the past 2 years AND has been injured during both seasons.

You really must see the progression here. Back over 30, injured, 2 sub-par seasons...Seattle. Put him in AZ and he finds the fountain of yuth. Working in tandem with James they would be a formidible running back.

You really must see the progression here. Back over 30, injured, 2 sub-par seasons...Seattle. Put him in AZ and he finds the fountain of yuth. Working in tandem with James they would be a formidible running back.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!!