Shaun Alexander

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24259476/

Wow, this is pretty shocking stuff. Could be Seattle needs to move up and take a RB, I doubt McFadden makes it out of the top 10 but Mendenhall has been seen on a lot of boards.

I wouldn't mind moving back and grabbing Seattles 1st and maybe 2nd or 3rd. Someone quick pull out your draft calculator.

IT'S OFFICIAL!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3361271

His in a high downward spiral. I think Lynch and Jackson is a great combo.

Eh, it'd be nice to think that. But the Seahawks have known they're going in a different direction for a while. If that was there intention, it would have been more appropriate to release him closer to March 1st when more dollars were available.

They couldn't have, actually, before his injury healed.

I heard this, as reported on ESPN.

They did sign Jones, but may be in the market for Johnathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall.

Sounds like another potential trade down partner for us.

That was the first thing I thought of.

"They'll be wanting something--we might be able to provide a choice between the two for a good price."

That was the first thing I thought of.

"They'll be wanting something--we might be able to provide a choice between the two for a good price."

Absolutely. And I think they are a realistic trade partner because at 14, 15, and 16, the Bears, Lions, and Cards could all be considering RB. But they may be content on standing where they are and hoping for a guy to fall. But is that a safe move? Can they afford the risk? Or would they rather add a guy later on, and stick with Jones and Duckett?

Mind you, I want us to take James Hardy and Tampa might grab him at 20, and Seattle doesn't pick until 25.

Absolutely. And I think they are a realistic trade partner because at 14, 15, and 16, the Bears, Lions, and Cards could all be considering RB. But they may be content on standing where they are and hoping for a guy to fall. But is that a safe move? Can they afford the risk? Or would they rather add a guy later on, and stick with Jones and Duckett?

Mind you, I want us to take James Hardy and Tampa might grab him at 20, and Seattle doesn't pick until 25.

Dever seems to find some good RB's late in the draft

Word out here in the NW is that Seattle was waiting for Alexander to take a physical and evaluate the results before cutting him. The past two seasons he has had the tendency to shy away from contact and doesn't get that tough extra yard. Mo Morris filled in very nicely last season when SA went down with that wrist injury, and picking up Duckett and Julius Jones pretty much solidifies that position.

The other piece of it is that #12 and #13 are most likely going O-Line and that's where the feeding frenzy of OT's happens. You want a RB? Talk quickly, 'cuz I only have 10 minutes.

#11 is us, in the right place for once. :devil:

Word out here in the NW is that Seattle was waiting for Alexander to take a physical and evaluate the results before cutting him. The past two seasons he has had the tendency to shy away from contact and doesn't get that tough extra yard. Mo Morris filled in very nicely last season when SA went down with that wrist injury, and picking up Duckett and Julius Jones pretty much solidifies that position.

I understand he took the physical, passed, and they cut him. :devil:

Julius Jones, TJ Duckett and Maurice Morris, not a bad group, they'll snag a RB 2nd or 3rd.

I am not impressed. Lots of backups. Seattles offense is in some serious problems if they do not update their RBs and WRs

I heard Clayton say earlier on NFL Live that he believes New England and Indy are interested in him.... If he were to end up in NE and stayed healthy, he could have a chip on his shoulder... That might spell doom for us...

I hope this scenario doesn't happen...

I heard Clayton say earlier on NFL Live that he believes New England and Indy are interested in him.... If he were to end up in NE and stayed healthy, he could have a chip on his shoulder... That might spell doom for us...

I hope this scenario doesn't happen...

And if NE does come a callin', you know he will sign for peanuts to play for them