The best Connor Byrne article I've ever seen . . .

There's a difference between depth on the DL, and depth at, say, OL. With the way the Bills rotate their defensive linemen throughout the game, your starters and backups will each see a lot of snaps. But your backup center probably won't see the field unless the starter goes down. If both your LDEs are on the field for a roughly equal number of snaps, does it really matter a whole lot which one has the "starter" label?

The Bucs won the Super Bowl based primarily on their defense; and Simeon Rice played a very important role in that defense. The Colts won the Super Bowl because they finally got their act together on defense. Dwight Freeney's play was a big part of the Colts' ultimate defensive success. The Bills should be (and probably are) open to the idea of using an early pick to add a similar player.

Which you build by shoring up the entire defense first, then adding depth players so that you can rotate and keep guys fresh.

I'll agree with you that CB is a need. But is it really a bigger need than TE, C, or #2 WR--three positions at which the Bills lack a starting-caliber player?

Yes, mainly because its more important to build the defense up.

Which you build by shoring up the entire defense first, then adding depth players so that you can rotate and keep guys fresh.

Yes, mainly because its more important to build the defense up.

But notice we've brought in two defensive starters(LB, DT), and a good rotational guy(DT) for our front seven through Free agency. So our biggest weakness of last year (DT) now has TWO new quality players. Two starters out of eleven. We also get two other starters back in Poz and Ko Simpson, Not to mention another decent rotational DE in Ryan Denney. So that's FOUR out of eleven defensive starters new compared to last year. All four of which are a significant upgrade over what we had. Plus better rotational depth.

How many (quality) offensive players did we add through free agency or return from injury? Zero.

We _have_ helped build the defense up. We still need to address the offense.

But notice we've brought in two defensive starters(LB, DT), and a good rotational guy(DT) for our front seven through Free agency. So our biggest weakness of last year (DT) now has TWO new quality players. Two starters out of eleven. We also get two other starters back in Poz and Ko Simpson, Not to mention another decent rotational DE in Ryan Denney. So that's FOUR out of eleven defensive starters new compared to last year. All four of which are a significant upgrade over what we had. Plus better rotational depth.

How many (quality) offensive players did we add through free agency or return from injury? Zero.

We _have_ helped build the defense up. We still need to address the offense.

I don't disagree (I'd like to see Sweed in round 1), but I think CB should be in one of our top 3 rounds.