Bills Need a WR + Mock Drafts Like Thomas + Fans Believe Mock Drafts

CJPearl2

I will continue my guarantee that our Bills WILL NOT pick a WR, let alone Devin Thomas, at #11. If we stay at 11, look for CB or D-Line.

I love how all the Mock Drafts and ESPN talking heads influence who we like. Two months ago nobody here wanted Thomas nor thought he was even close to a top 15 pick. Now he's the apple of many on this board's eye.

I think Buffalo will try and trade down or take the best defensive player available.

I will continue my guarantee that our Bills WILL NOT pick a WR, let alone Devin Thomas, at #11. If we stay at 11, look for CB or D-Line.

I love how all the Mock Drafts and ESPN talking heads influence who we like. Two months ago nobody here wanted Thomas nor thought he was even close to a top 15 pick. Now he's the apple of many on this board's eye.

I think Buffalo will try and trade down or take the best defensive player available.

I think they may try to trade dwon, and then pick a WR in the late first round....if they stay at #11, a corner it likely is.

If the Bills stay at #11, I'd say 60-40 they draft defense, likely Derrick Harvey DE or DRC/Mike Jenkins CB. That, however, would be a very bad move. I'm probably going to get flack, again, for saying this, DE is not a NEED on this team. CB certainly is, but it is second or third compared to WR and arguably TE. Buffalo needs to get the best possible WR of the ones available. Be that Thomas, Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, Jackson, or someone else.

As to your continuing suggestion that people who like Devin Thomas are bandwagon fans, I for one would point out, that is part of the process. None of these receivers is really a top-15 caliber player, I'll grant you that, but that doesn't mean we might not need to get the best one available at 11. I happen to think that the best two WRs in the draft are James Hardy and Devin Thomas. That has to do with the numbers they put up and their size. Thomas is basically a physical clone of Eric Moulds, and he turned out okay. Hardy is a physical beast who would be absolutely perfect in this offense. Of all the receivers in the draft, he, I think is most likely to succeed. That being said, having watched Thomas play in all twelve games this season (I live in Detroit), the kid can flat out play. Not only does he have excellent hands and speed to compliment his physical attributes, he is aggressive. By that, I mean he goes up for jump balls and is willing to go over the middle and take a hit to get a first down. That is exactly the type of receiver that we need.

Why you have such a hatred for the notion that we might take a receiver at #11 is beyond me. I think Ralph meant what he said in the offseason that Buffalo's number one goal before the start of camp was to acquire a big, fast wide receiver to help out Trent and Lee. Buffalo will likely trade out of the #11, probably with Philly, and take a WR, likely Thomas or Kelly at #19. We may even get Lito Shepard out of the deal if we throw in our non-comp 4th. That would make everyone happy, I think.