Pro Football Weekly- Risers and Fallers

So what if the kid had an outburst. We need a lot more attitude on our team anyways. All I know is that Malcolm Kelly is a football player. Anquan Boldin I believe ran close to a 4.7 forty when he was coming out four or five years ago. He fell to the second round. The man is a stud. Football speed is much more important than track speed. I have a strong feeling that the Bills are still very interested in Malcolm Kelly, obviously not at #11, but later in the first round or early in the second. If the Bills medical staff feels that his knees will hold up over the long run, than I am all for drafting him.

Ditto

So what if the kid had an outburst. We need a lot more attitude on our team anyways. All I know is that Malcolm Kelly is a football player. Anquan Boldin I believe ran close to a 4.7 forty when he was coming out four or five years ago. He fell to the second round. The man is a stud. Football speed is much more important than track speed. I have a strong feeling that the Bills are still very interested in Malcolm Kelly, obviously not at #11, but later in the first round or early in the second. If the Bills medical staff feels that his knees will hold up over the long run, than I am all for drafting him.

QFT

Link

Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly

Has been removed from many teams' draft boards because of his two bad knees, one of which has been reconstructed and the other in which he has arthritis. Questionable work ethic, attitude and intelligence will not make it easy to invest heavily in him. Teams that buy the hype and think he is a great value in the second round could be disappointed. Has big-time bust potential at a position where there is a great tendency to bust.

The biggest negative in that paragraph, IMO, is that Kelly has a "questionable work ethic." Guys with lots of athletic potential and poor work ethics typically fail in the NFL. Add in the other stuff (concern about his knees, the outburst, etc.) and there are too many ways for something to go wrong with this pick.

Ever say things out of anger or frustration that are in the heat of the moment? If people summarized your maturity and character by these isolated situation would that be indicative of who you are? The guy was questioned before the dust even settled. He didn't even walk off the field before he was inundated by reporters . This was very important to him, for a million reasons. Nobody from Oklahoma ever had a problem with him. They all vouch for his character, I think most teams are putting the situation in proper context.

Overweight and out of shape in the midst of an injury, which is why he couldn't perform. How in shape can you expect him to be when you can't perform any physical activity and his body is used to extremely high levels of physical activity?

He's not supposed to be a speed racer. He's a possession/red zone/over the middle player, who on film, has very good playing speed (not according to just me, but several scouts, including our own). If you judge even WR's by just 40 times, you'll miss a thousand times over. For who he is, and what he brings, his low 40 only devalues him a round, maybe two.

I believe he could jog but even if he couldn't he could do upper body stuff.

The biggest negative in that paragraph, IMO, is that Kelly has a "questionable work ethic." Guys with lots of athletic potential and poor work ethics typically fail in the NFL. Add in the other stuff (concern about his knees, the outburst, etc.) and there are too many ways for something to go wrong with this pick.

I also didn't know one of his knees was arthritic, that's never going to get better.

NFL Network had their daily show on TV last night and they mentioned both Johnson and Mayo as fast risers. They thought Mayo would go 15th to Detroit and that Johnson could slide to early 2nd round. Its amazing how some of the players seem to become media favorites or outcasts and then everybody jumps on the bandwagon.

Yahtzee.

Bad work ethic? Bad attitude? Bad knees? JHC on a popsicle stick, what are people smoking to still want to draft this guy?

Overweight and out of shape in the midst of an injury, which is why he couldn't perform. How in shape can you expect him to be when you can't perform any physical activity and his body is used to extremely high levels of physical activity?

An overweight WR??? :wallbash: