ESPN'S FLOYD REESE: C. JOHNSON HAS VALUE

:thumbsup:

Anybody else see this? No wonder this dumbass doesn't have a job anymore........Randy Moss went for a 4th rounder why would CJ cost a 1st and a 2nd round pick. What a moron, but this is the guy who drafted Pacman Jones so take it for what its worth.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. You can't compare Moss' situation to Johnson. Johnson certainly will cost at least a second rounder from a team like Philadelphia.

One aspect is the contract. He already has a new deal, and it will be really tough on Cincinnati to move him because they already paid his signing bonus recently. So whatever team adds him will not be responsible for paying out a large sum of money up front (at least for now). And I'd say it's safe to say if he gets out of Cincinnati, he'll probably not ask for a new contract for a season or two. He's already collected more than half of his contract that runs through 2011, so he's under contract for four more seasons.

If he's traded, he will definitely be moved for a first or second round pick.

:thumbsup:

Anybody else see this? No wonder this dumbass doesn't have a job anymore........Randy Moss went for a 4th rounder why would CJ cost a 1st and a 2nd round pick. What a moron, but this is the guy who drafted Pacman Jones so take it for what its worth.

Ahh the Randy Moss argument. So flawed in logic.....

If you are going to say Randy went for a 4th it has to be mentioned that 2 years earlier he went for the 7th pick in the entire draft. To evaluate the worth of a WR you cannot use Randy as an example....

The guy just broke the NFL record for TD receptions in a season. Do you believe that Randy is NOW only worth a 4th round pick?

If you are going to say Randy went for a 4th it has to be mentioned that 2 years earlier he went for the 7th pick in the entire draft. To evaluate the worth of a WR you cannot use Randy as an example....

The guy just broke the NFL record for TD receptions in a season. Do you believe that Randy is NOW only worth a 4th round pick?

Plus it was the Raiders. They're not exactly the standard-bearers for shrewd decision making.

Last Thursday or Friday, Pat Kirwan commented on Sirius NFL that Cincy would try to get two firsts for Johnson, and said some teams would pony that up.

I thought that was way off base, but in terms of whether Johnson will actually report, Kirwan made a decent comment I'm sure others will steal: "Money is undefeated."

When Oakland went to trade Moss, his production had slipped while playing for them, but the biggest reason he went for a 4th is he held the CARDS at the table. No team would trade for him without a new contract & Oakland was prepared to cut him if they couldn't trade him. The Bengals don't really want to lose Johnson so he has no CARDS to play, other than being an A$$.

When Oakland went to trade Moss, his production had slipped while playing for them, but the biggest reason he went for a 4th is he held the CARDS at the table. No team would trade for him without a new contract & Oakland was prepared to cut him if they couldn't trade him. The Bengals don't really want to lose Johnson so he has no CARDS to play, other than being an A$$.

All of which says you cannot continue to compare any WR on the market below a 4th because that is what Randy Moss was traded for. Wes Welker was traded for a second round and 7th round pick..... And yes Welker was a completely different situation much like Johnson is a different situation. The man will not be dealt for less than a second round pick. Mark it down.

A very loud mouthed, attention hogging, complainer who is DEMANDING a trade won't fetch anywhere's near that amount.

Cincy can hold him, and Chad will sit out and they will get nothing for him and Cincy wuill have to keep salary cap space open and a roster spot open in case he decides to return at any time... or they have to cut him if they do not.

Cincy has very little leverage here, and anyone stupid enough to give Cincy a 1st rd pick for Chad can have him...

Chad can be had for less then a 1st rd pick.

My point was (shouldn't have brought up the Moss trade) that at least a 1st and a 2nd is way too much. Getting Randy Moss for a fourth round pick was a joke IMO but I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd for Ocho Cinco. I used to think he wasn't a turd and enjoyed watching his antics on Sundays but after this offseason, I'm no longer on the CJ bandwagon.

A very loud mouthed, attention hogging, complainer who is DEMANDING a trade won't fetch anywhere's near that amount.

Cincy can hold him, and Chad will sit out and they will get nothing for him and Cincy wuill have to keep salary cap space open and a roster spot open in case he decides to return at any time... or they have to cut him if they do not.

Cincy has very little leverage here, and anyone stupid enough to give Cincy a 1st rd pick for Chad can have him...

Chad can be had for less then a 1st rd pick.

If Cincy holds on to him they can FINE HIM HEAVY if he doesn't report, they have ALL the leverage. If he doesn't report by week 10, it adds another year onto the time he owes Cinci. McCardell tried holding out on the Bucs, they eventually traded him to the Chargers, but he had to repay the Bucs a LOT of $$$.

There is also a list they can add him to which will not make him eligible to play at all this year but it makes teams very unpopular among players and agents. I do not have a link since it was discussed last year but I think with 4 years on a contract left the Bengals would be willing to that extreme.

Any team should be hesitant to sign him to any contract with a large bonus.

:wallbash:

Why are we listening to a guy that has no idea about the draft?