Bob Matthews Article on Chad Johnson

swede316

"Don't laugh. I'm not losing my mind. How about the Buffalo Bills offering the No. 11 pick in Saturday's NFL college draft to Cincinnati for Chad Johnson? Why gamble on drafting a wide receiver when one of the five best in the sport is on the trade block?

Johnson and Lee Evans would be an exciting WR duo and Sunday afternoons would be a lot more fun for Bills fans."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../804210318/tbd/

I've posted before a 2nd and 4th...but #11...NOOOOOO.

I do agree if we want to make the playoffs we gotta do something. I'm in favor of the best D player available and then the trade. I don't care if he's a bit nuts....He's damn good.

Have people forgotten last year where he essentially became a #2 WR on the bengals? Remember the game where we played them and he dropped like 3 balls thrown right to him? He isn't worth it, folks. Maybe a 6rd round pick, but nothing higher. He's also a head case with baggage. Why do people insist on promoting stupid things like trading for a moron?

"Don't laugh. I'm not losing my mind. How about the Buffalo Bills offering the No. 11 pick in Saturday's NFL college draft to Cincinnati for Chad Johnson? Why gamble on drafting a wide receiver when one of the five best in the sport is on the trade block?

Johnson and Lee Evans would be an exciting WR duo and Sunday afternoons would be a lot more fun for Bills fans."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../804210318/tbd/

I've posted before a 2nd and 4th...but #11...NOOOOOO.

I do agree if we want to make the playoffs we gotta do something. I'm in favor of the best D player available and then the trade. I don't care if he's a bit nuts....He's damn good.

I can't remember the last relevant thing I've read from Matthews. His "takes" on the Bills are rarely insightful. In fact, as soon as I saw the title of the article on the TBD front page I said to myself "that's probably Matthews."

"Why do people insist on promoting stupid things like trading for a moron?"

It is truly baffling. Correctly phrased, it is trading the vast majority of our value in picks in this Draft for the right to pay a character head case loser top dollar, including huge guaranteed money up front. Insane.

Anyone confused about what Little Chaddy did at the half during the Bengals playoff loss to Pitt? Yeah, he went batty on the backup QB, Kitna, who actually had the Bengals ahead, for not throwing to Little Chaddy enough. What happened? The Bengals came out and QUIT in the second half. That is the "net effect" of adding Little Chaddy...

I can't remember the last relevant thing I've read from Matthews. His "takes" on the Bills are rarely insightful. In fact, as soon as I saw the title of the article on the TBD front page I said to myself "that's probably Matthews."

Agreed. He's just playing out the string...

Bob Matthews has lost touch with reality. I wouldn't have Johnson if he was given away with a six pack of Bud Light. He is an absolute retard and a cancer. Wait and see what type of interest "Ocho Psycho" generates. Maybe the sleezy Cowboys, maybe. T.O and CJ on the same team, better not have adversity, or everything is going to implode.

Bob Matthews has lost touch with reality. I wouldn't have Johnson if he was given away with a six pack of Bud Light. He is an absolute retard and a cancer. Wait and see what type of interest "Ocho Psycho" generates. Maybe the sleezy Cowboys, maybe. T.O and CJ on the same team, better not have adversity, or everything is going to implode.

Spot on about Bob Matthews. I agree with eBall if the headline is stupid, it's likely a BM column. But that's the beauty of being a sports columnist: there's no IQ test required.

PTR

"Why do people insist on promoting stupid things like trading for a moron?"

It is truly baffling. Correctly phrased, it is trading the vast majority of our value in picks in this Draft for the right to pay a character head case loser top dollar, including huge guaranteed money up front. Insane.

Anyone confused about what Little Chaddy did at the half during the Bengals playoff loss to Pitt? Yeah, he went batty on the backup QB, Kitna, who actually had the Bengals ahead, for not throwing to Little Chaddy enough. What happened? The Bengals came out and QUIT in the second half. That is the "net effect" of adding Little Chaddy...

so how are geisinger and eric king doing in tennessee? Have they made the pro bowl yet?

so how are geisinger and eric king doing in tennessee? Have they made the pro bowl yet?

LOL!!!

Geisinger clearly never cut it inside. King was the Titan nickel last year until he broke his arm.

As for the rest of the debates we had...

George Wilson vs. Martin Nance

McCargo vs. Kyle Williams

Youboty vs. Eric King

the rest of that 2006 NFL Draft, including Clint Ingram, Anthony Montgomery, Guy Whimper etc.

Yeah, keep bringing up Geisinger, the "1" in your 1-127 record vs. LaDairis...

Have people forgotten last year where he essentially became a #2 WR on the bengals? Remember the game where we played them and he dropped like 3 balls thrown right to him? He isn't worth it, folks. Maybe a 6rd round pick, but nothing higher. He's also a head case with baggage. Why do people insist on promoting stupid things like trading for a moron?

Probably because they see guys like Owens and Moss being successful with different teams. I would say that Johnson has less baggage than either of those, though he's packing those bags a little more each day. Prior to LY I wouldn't have hesitated to go after him. Is one lousy year on and off the field enough to turn him into a bum?

I believe that a trade with Cincy should be explored...but I wouldn't give up #11.

Or we can continue to stay the course.

Probably because they see guys like Owens and Moss being successful with different teams. I would say that Johnson has less baggage than either of those, though he's packing those bags a little more each day. Prior to LY I wouldn't have hesitated to go after him. Is one lousy year on and off the field enough to turn him into a bum?

I believe that a trade with Cincy should be explored...but I wouldn't give up #11.

Or we can continue to stay the course.

I would say Moss has less baggage, his problem was that he just didn't give 100% or want to play when losing (he had legal trouble early in Minny, but nothing much since). He just doesn't play if they are losing. CJ on the other hand is a media whore and a me first guy who has to be the centre of attention, even if it hurts his team (like the penalty he took when he scored the TD and took over the camera)

Not quite.

CIN's then and current idiot O.C., Bob Bratkowski, along with his enabler, Marvin Lewis, decided to ramp up the pass in the 2nd half. PGH correctly sat on their pass game, knowing that the CIN staff would be too dumb to run the ball. And would throw-throw-throw.

Kitna was 14/20 in the 1st half, and 10/20 in the 2nd with 2 picks. Houshmanzedah was shut out in the 2nd, Ocho Dinko snagged 2 to end with 4 total catches.

Dinko's mouth did not cause Bratkowski to panic...his past performance spoke for itself. Such behavior is not uncommon among NFL OC's.

I would have Chad any day of the week. The guy can flat out play and he usually brings with him positive media attention. He almost single handedly put the Bengals back on the map with his fun-loving and carefree antics. He might be disgruntled at the moment, but I really think that CJ in a Bills uniform would be excellent for the club and for revenue line. I would give up the no. 11 for him straight up...hes that good. I would try for CJ and a 5th for No. 11 but I wouldnt cry if they wouldnt do it. I say bring him and and let JP and Trent battle it out in July and August with some talent at the WR position.

I would have Chad any day of the week. The guy can flat out play and he usually brings with him positive media attention. He almost single handedly put the Bengals back on the map with his fun-loving and carefree antics. He might be disgruntled at the moment, but I really think that CJ in a Bills uniform would be excellent for the club and for revenue line. I would give up the no. 11 for him straight up...hes that good. I would try for CJ and a 5th for No. 11 but I wouldnt cry if they wouldnt do it. I say bring him and and let JP and Trent battle it out in July and August with some talent at the WR position.

Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Matthews. I enjoy your column.