I need to rent a dumpster

stevestojan

I have some MAJOR spring cleaning to do. "Big garbage day" pickup won't do it. I would like to rent a dumpster and have heard this is possible for homeowners, and not just contractors. Yes, I googled and found places that rent to contractors, or places that rent in other major cities.

Any ideas???

I have some MAJOR spring cleaning to do. "Big garbage day" pickup won't do it. I would like to rent a dumpster and have heard this is possible for homeowners, and not just contractors. Yes, I googled and found places that rent to contractors, or places that rent in other major cities.

Any ideas???

1-800-got-junk?

If you haven't already, check with your trash service. I don't know how much you're talking, but I just pulled out a ton of pine trees and bushes. Waste Management picked it all up. The first 3 yards were free, and anything over that was only $11.62 a cubic yard. Did it over the course of a couple weeks to save some $. All they asked is I let them know when I'd being going over my regular amount. It was FAR cheaper then any of the dumpster options I looked into.

Any ideas???

What's Major. 20 cases of beer and a couple of empty donut boxes?

Look in the phone book under garbage removal or pennysaver for trash trailer for rent.

Drop off and pick up should be around $100 plus trash weight $60.00 per ton.

Just do like my area does....throw it out at the curb and every hobo and drug addict will emerge from under the rocks and start sifting through it and taking what they can sell for drugs except the village drunk who will wobble on by and use it for a toilet.

Got any contractor friends? I've done it twice here in GA, both right prior to moves in order to get rid of junk I no longer need. Just had one last weekend, actually. Drop-off and pick-up, as much as I could pack into the thing... $180.

1-800-got-junk?

If you haven't already, check with your trash service. I don't know how much you're talking, but I just pulled out a ton of pine trees and bushes. Waste Management picked it all up. The first 3 yards were free, and anything over that was only $11.62 a cubic yard. Did it over the course of a couple weeks to save some $. All they asked is I let them know when I'd being going over my regular amount. It was FAR cheaper then any of the dumpster options I looked into.

As of about a year ago, the Town of Amherst picks up everything without limit. We have been cleaning out my grandmother's house for the last 3 years. The house was full of garbage, literally. It was piled 3 or 4 feet high. We've put it all out to the curb in garbage bags. We called the town before we started doing this, they said no limit. It pisses off the garbage men, but they haven't charged extra and they've taken everything.

As of about a year ago, the Town of Amherst picks up everything without limit. We have been cleaning out my grandmother's house for the last 3 years. The house was full of garbage, literally. It was piled 3 or 4 feet high. We've put it all out to the curb in garbage bags. We called the town before we started doing this, they said no limit. It pisses off the garbage men, but they haven't charged extra and they've taken everything.

I completely forgot that the townships generally handle collection up there. We get to pick our own collection company here. Sounds good, but on any given day 1/5 of my neighbors have garbage sitting out at the end of the driveway. What about just renting a trailer for someplace and taking a ride down to the dump?