Attention Homebrewers or any just plain hop heads

The Poojer

a buddy of mine told me yesterday that the USDA provides Hop Rhizomes to US Citizens, free of charge. Not necessarily 1st generation hop strains, but maybe some experimental variations of the well known. I submitted my order and will see what happens. I can't see where this has cost me anything more than a few minutes of my time, so if it doesnt pan out....oh well

Hop's catalog

a buddy of mine told me yesterday that the USDA provides Hop Rhizomes to US Citizens, free of charge. Not necessarily 1st generation hop strains, but maybe some experimental variations of the well known. I submitted my order and will see what happens. I can't see where this has cost me anything more than a few minutes of my time, so if it doesnt pan out....oh well

Hop's catalog

With growing Hops, you just have to remember that you need to tie up the vines (they get about 30 feet long) and it is a pain in the arse to get rid of them when you no longer want to grow hops. The roots go everywhere and you have a difficult time getting all of them. If you do not get all of the roots, they will spring up year after year.

With that in mind, you can send me some Cascade, Northern Brewer and Willamette when you harvest. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Are you using cascade for taste or just dry hopping it?

For my Amber Ale, I use Centennial for bittering, Cascade for bittering and flavor, and Willamette for aroma. No dry hopping.

The Northern Brewer is for my Belgian Duppel and it is the only hop.