I officially hate Concert Ticket outlets

The Poojer

I know this has been discussed before, and very recently. I was looking at Counting Crows tix at VA Beach, lawn seats are 19.87....convenience and parking charges bring the cost per ticket to 31.00. I know that is still not a horrible ticket price, but for chrissakes, tell me the tickets are 32 frigging dollars, not 19.87. What a goddamed racket ;):thumbsup:

$31? I know what you're saying, but that's pretty cheap for a big name act. I can't remember the last time I paid under $100 for two tickets to anything.

Got em, just grabbed two. What an incredible price. Thanks for the heads up. lol

yeah, Counting Crows, Maroon 5 and Sarah Barielles(a guilty pleasure of mine, along with Colbie Callait and Feist :thumbsup: ) 7/25, tix are on sale

Pooj,

When is the Counting Crows concert? Tix are on sale now? Are they with Maroon 5? I would love to see that and my mom lives in VB.

Info.....their website is currently down.

I know this has been discussed before, and very recently. I was looking at Counting Crows tix at VA Beach, lawn seats are 19.87....convenience and parking charges bring the cost per ticket to 31.00. I know that is still not a horrible ticket price, but for chrissakes, tell me the tickets are 32 frigging dollars, not 19.87. What a goddamed racket :D:thumbsup:

Welcome to 1987. Where the hell have you been?

I know this has been discussed before, and very recently. I was looking at Counting Crows tix at VA Beach, lawn seats are 19.87....convenience and parking charges bring the cost per ticket to 31.00. I know that is still not a horrible ticket price, but for chrissakes, tell me the tickets are 32 frigging dollars, not 19.87. What a goddamed racket :D:thumbsup:

I know what you mean, its not the total price thats a piss off, its the "extra charges" they hit you with, like a convenience charge for ordring online with a credit card. So, for buying my tickets online and using a credit card, I should pay more so that you don't have to have a human on the payroll to take my order over the phone? Why are these charges added on after and not just in the cost of the ticket?

As for cheap tickets for big name acts, I have seen a few (although Counting Crows I wouldn't consider big name unless we were still in the 90's). Last year I saw Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver for $20 in the lawn seating, and the year before I saw Ozzy performer on the second stage at Ozzfest for either $10-20 (I can't remember). This year I picked up 2 tickets to see The Dave Matthews Band the day before my birthday (they are one of the only bands I have really wanted to see besides Zeppelin or the original Smashing Pumpkins that I haven't seen yet) for under $100 (about $80)

I know what you mean, its not the total price thats a piss off, its the "extra charges" they hit you with, like a convenience charge for ordring online with a credit card. So, for buying my tickets online and using a credit card, I should pay more so that you don't have to have a human on the payroll to take my order over the phone? Why are these charges added on after and not just in the cost of the ticket?

What's worse is you can't even avoid the charges by going and picking up the tickets. It's basically just a Ticketmaster monopoly tax.

What's worse is you can't even avoid the charges by going and picking up the tickets. It's basically just a Ticketmaster monopoly tax.

What's REALLY worse is when the concert is actually somebody worth paying for (just kidding poojer! But I think Marroon 5 is absolutely the worst... but I digress...)

It is very, very frustrating when you sign on to Ticketmaster for a hot ticket about 1.4 seconds after they are placed on sale...The website immediately says SOLD OUT, and then tickets are found 10 minutes later on the "scalper" websites at a 150% markup...This happened to me recently while trying to get Neil Young tickets at Sheas in Buff last year. I eventually got 'em but had to pay $400 for 2.

That's not true when it comes to the Va Beach Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. Each ticket has what I believe is still a $5 parking charge added to it. Meaning if you're in say a large SUV with 10 people in it it just cost $50 extra. Same concert same size SUV with a married couple in it cost $10 to park. Welcome to Va Beach! :thumbsup:

There's a reason they're called 'TicketBastard.' Didn't Pearl Jam try to sue them back in the 90's over this exact thing?

I can get past the additional charges as I really don't have a choice in the matter. What really bothers me is that they charge to print your tickets. You can elect to have them mailed for no additional charge, but they *recommend* that you print them yourself at the time of purchase. They charge an additional $2.50 or some such fee to email you a PDF file of a ticket.

I'm using my ink and my own paper, you recommend I do so, and then charge me an additional $2.50 for it? That's ridiculous.

With the Internet, I'm a bit surprised there isn't a viable alternative yet. It made sense back in the 80's and 90's when the bulk of people got in line at a Movies Plus for tickets. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd think that a good 75% of concert goers purchase tickets via the Internet or via telephone now. A good chunk of the remainder probably buys them at the venue. Wouldn't be surprised if a startup popped up.. hell, you could even send a bar-code image to a cell phone and use that as the ticket I'd guess. I guess the difficult part would be accounting for who actually shows up.

That's not true when it comes to the Va Beach Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. Each ticket has what I believe is still a $5 parking charge added to it. Meaning if you're in say a large SUV with 10 people in it it just cost $50 extra. Same concert same size SUV with a married couple in it cost $10 to park. Welcome to Va Beach! :wallbash:

The parking fee is a separate fee and you indeed cannot avoid that no matter where you purchase tickets, but if you know somewhere that you can buy tickets and not have to pay Ticketmaster's service fee then I would like to know about it.

The parking fee is a separate fee and you indeed cannot avoid that no matter where you purchase tickets, but if you know somewhere that you can buy tickets and not have to pay Ticketmaster's service fee then I would like to know about it.

I believe if you go directly to the amphitheatre ticket window you MAY avoid the ticketmaster robbery.

I believe if you go directly to the amphitheatre ticket window you MAY avoid the ticketmaster robbery.

I can't speak for the amphitheater, but at the Norva you'd still pay the fee.

Besides they only open the ticket window when there is a show. So you'd have to fight a concert crowd in order to save the money.