Malcolm Kelly is on the list.....

I would disagree with you about Mayock. He was a DB in the NFL unlike the other two & knows the game & how to evaluate players. He also does a great job explaining why a player is good or sucks. I am so happy I have NFL Network so I can watch him & his cohorts on draft day instead of ESPN.

that's fair - i don't get that channel and probably shouldn't have lumped him in with the typical pundits that just echo the same baloney to each other.

I can't let them slide for calling Fred Davis is an underachiever. It's just flat wrong and flies in the face of the stats.

- 117 career catches (12th on USC's career receptions list), 1,408 career receiving yards and 13 career touchdown receptions - tops ever for USC tight ends. He has 3 100-yard receiving games in his career (all in 2007). He has caught a pass in 17 consecutive games (including all 13 in 2007).

If anything he's an overachiever considering he's not a freakish athlete and only 6'3.

I didn't quite like the "wording" of that blurb either.

The players Pro Football Weekly has chosen in its overrated category, are players they have lower on their board than the "general consensus".

Here is the profile for Davis in PFW:

4. TE Fred Davis

(6-3, 255, 4.74) USC

Notes: Also lettered in basketball and track in high school. Played in nine games at wide receiver and tight end as a true freshman in 2004, catching four passes for 30 yards (7.5-yard average). Started 3-of-13 games in ’05 at tight end and grabbed 13-145 (11.2) and two touchdowns. Started 10-of-13 games in ’06, grabbing 38-352-3 (9.3). Started all 13 games in ’07, amassing 62-881-8 (14.2) and leading the Trojans in receptions. Was voted the Mackey Award winner as the nation’s top tight end.

Positives: Looks the part with a thick, solid build and long arms. Still has room to get bigger. Has natural receiving skills and good body control to adjust to the ball. Can create mismatches in the slot with his size and athleticism. Good movement skills. Shows the ability to separate against man coverage. Can adjust to poorly thrown balls, extend outside his frame and make the difficult catch. Turns his shoulders upfield quickly after the catch. Can wall off defenders and get in the way. Excellent production.

Negatives: Does not play toughly or very physically. Not aggressive or strong at the point of attack and does not consistently finish blocks. Comes off the ball late and lacks discipline in his overall play. Although he is physically capable of becoming a solid blocker and shows flashes in this area, he does not show much desire and might never reach his potential. Struggles to seal linebackers on the second level. Not a finisher. Takes choppy steps and does not show great burst or explosiveness out of his breaks. Shows some hesitation entering traffic and does not secure the football on contact. Not an elusive runner after the catch. Is immature and needs to be monitored.

Summary: If he could stay focused, toughen up and become a more willing blocker, he could develop into a great pro, but it took until his senior year for him to really emerge at USC and he might require some patience in the pros. Will bring the most value as a pass catcher. Still plays with too much of a receiver’s mentality.

I read somewhere else that Kelly is comparable to Jarrett. But if your ask me I'd tell you the jury is still out on Jarrett.

Mike Williams would have been a star, that one year layoff killed him. The NCAA should have let him back, it wasn't fair, he only declared because the rule had changed temporarily. Another year with the Trojans would have made him the number one pick I bet.

I read somewhere else that Kelly is comparable to Jarrett. But if your ask me I'd tell you the jury is still out on Jarrett.

Mike Williams would have been a star, that one year layoff killed him. The NCAA should have let him back, it wasn't fair, he only declared because the rule had changed temporarily. Another year with the Trojans would have made him the number one pick I bet.

And the NFL career would be very similar. His problem was work ethic, not talent. Willis McGahee had all the talent in the world, he just didnt care. Which is why he is an average back and we drafted marshawn lynch

I think it is safe to label dwayne jarrett a bust already because his mind is not into the game of football. It is obvious he does not have what it takes because the carolina panther brought in so many wide recievers this year.

Are you serious? :thumbsup:

Pro Football Weekly is top notch, and has been from the"legendary" Joel Buschbaum to the present day Nolan Nawrocki.

The only other guide that is in it's league is Ourlads.

There is a difference between aggegating everyone else's opinion and actually having the skills to come to an analysis from watching games, breaking down tape, and taking into consideration the opinion of league insiders that have been cultivated for decades.

Pro Football Weekly's football analysis was Joel Buschbaum.

They have yet to replace his skills.

of Pro Football Weekly's most overrated players in this years draft.

WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma*

Cut from the same cloth as USC's Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett, Kelly's questionable work ethic, intelligence, mental toughness and foot speed spell B-U-S-T.

Work ethic huh? It must be in reference to His study habits because that guy looks like he works out 24/7...He looks like He lives in the Gym...Mike Williams got fat...Dwayne Jarrett has been a knucklehead so far down here in Caolina...I'm not sure the comparisons fit here at all...Kelly may not be the fastest WR, and He did not help himself by making excuses and still running slow, but He sure as heck looks like a hard worker in the weight room...Let Him continue to slide and somebody is going to get a pretty decent Prospect at a bargain rate... :thumbsup:

I think it is safe to label dwayne jarrett a bust already because his mind is not into the game of football. It is obvious he does not have what it takes because the carolina panther brought in so many wide recievers this year.

Still very early to label as a bust. But I know he was Leinart's roommate in college and Leinart strikes me as a guy who enjoys the fame that comes with being a football player than trying to work hard to be a great one.

I would love Kelly in the 2nd round because this experience has probably humbled him and served as motivation. And we are drafting a complement to Evans. Kelly would be a solid Robin to Lee's batman.

drc then kelly would make me :>, trade down for lito would make me really happy!

i dunno about all the overrated stuff. if kelly can go over the middle and grab the tough balls he would be huge for us. we could pump 50 passes for like 700 and some scores his first year. if he does that parrish is gonna tear it up underneath and evans over top can go back into 1400 yard territory.

for TEs i like davis, but if he is a jerk (seems like usc jerks flop in the nfl, but miami jerks shine) i'll take the kid from ND or rucker from mizzou. the ruckus imo could be the fleet TE giving LBs fits we need. drc, kelly, ruckus, interior blocker, and owen schmidt would be a fun first 4 rounds!!