Articles on Bills motives are funny

The latest glaring example

If you read the various news articles, blogs and message boards about the Bills playing in Toronto, you have to laugh at the level of absurdity you see. People everywhere are trying to read the mystical and hidden meanings behind everthing, from the opponents the Bills will play to the color of the socks they plan to wear. They all surnmise that it's all a grand scheme to help the Bills leave town.

While I don't doubt for a minute that the Bills may well leave Buffalo one day, the notion that they somehow need to prime the pump with "marquee" matchups is laughable. It's an NFL franchise, people!! If the Bills or any other team went on sale today, 10 groups would have a $1 billion dollar check ready. The Bills could play a canadian high school team and the level of interest would be the same.

So, to all the reproters, columnists, and bloggers writing breathless exposes on the hidden meaning behind everything, get a grip.

PTR

Come on, Cardboard Box Man, it's not that bad. These little media outlets need to 'yell fire in a theater' to get anyone to pay attention to them, so of course they amplify the rhetoric.

Still, I have to disagree that TO fans would pony up thousands of dollars to watch scrub games. People know when they're being taken advantage of...and the NFL is simply sending a message that the league values their support with the MIA game.

Come on, Cardboard Box Man, it's not that bad. These little media outlets need to 'yell fire in a theater' to get anyone to pay attention to them, so of course they amplify the rhetoric.

Still, I have to disagree that TO fans would pony up thousands of dollars to watch scrub games. People know when they're being taken advantage of...and the NFL is simply sending a message that the league values their support with the MIA game.

This early in the courtship period I'm willing to bet TO fans will pay for just about anything. I'm sure the NFL notices how well they support perennial dogs the Maple Leafs, Raptors, and even their new MLS soccer team that has yet to win a game. They are either great fans or so rich they don't care.

In fact judging how difficult it can be to get tickets for any sporting event (except perhaps the Blue Jays) you can bet TO fans will line up for Bills tickets if only for the resale value.

But I stand by my point that the Bills or any NFL franchise does not need any help in drawing interest.

P.S...I'm made of plywood.

PTR

They do need help and some in Bills media is trying very hard to get them to move so they can say "I told you so".

Or, they actually believe what they're writing. I know this to be true in at least one case. He's not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect of the team moving, either.

But thanks for the stereotypes anyway.

I heard Derrick Harvey's uncle owns his own moving company and may be able to get a certain NFL owner a discount on international freight surcharges.

I'm not saying there's any hidden meaning to this....I'm just throwing that out there.