What kind of cell phone do you have?

stevestojan

Ahhhh, that makes sense. I don't have to worry about any of that - my company has unlimited everything on the phone. I can't imagine what the phone bill must be since it's a giant pool. When I checked the minutes I had used for the month, it said something like 583,387. :wallbash:

Ha

Maybe when i move higher up I'll get those kind of advantages!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for everyone complaining that people call them all the time if they have a cell, you DO know you have the option of NOT answering, dont you?

That's quite true.

Did anyone ever have to carry one of those Nextel Direct Connect phones? One of the datacenter operations teams I was on carried those for a while. There's nothing like hearing "Hey, Jeff?' coming from your kitchen at 2:45 AM. I don't miss those one bit.

They used to have this 'feature' where they'd automatically switch to Direct Connect mode when you had an incoming Direct Connect call. If you pressed the 'mode' button while the other guy was talking into it, he'd get a "user out of range" message or some such alert. Was a great way to get a bit of privacy.

I haven't worked computer operations for 4 or 5 years now. I don't miss that stuff.

for everyone complaining that people call them all the time if they have a cell, you DO know you have the option of NOT answering, dont you?

I have a rep who was in my office talking about trying to get ahold of people via phone. She said everyone in her generation (she's 26) has their phone attatched at the hip and are alway available. She said "you notice none of us wear watches, we use our phones to tell time." I asked her what time it was. "I don't know, my phone's at my desk." I looked at my watch "it's 2:30" :devil:

I have a rep who was in my office talking about trying to get ahold of people via phone. She said everyone in her generation (she's 26) has their phone attatched at the hip and are alway available. She said "you notice none of us wear watches, we use our phones to tell time." I asked her what time it was. "I don't know, my phone's at my desk." I looked at my watch "it's 2:30" :devil:

Pics?

I don't want a date, use your damn cell phone and get us a pic.

:devil:

Damn straight, I'm already married. Just window shopping. Though you may call her whacked, I'll call her a smart investor.