What kind of cell phone do you have?

stevestojan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an older Nokia 2660. Bottom of the line no texting but I agree texting is pretty gay. But I did get a new car that has Bluetooth and I never ever thought I'd get that. CA is going with a no hand held device law in your car this July so I figured I'd need it. Well all I have to say is that it's pretty fricken cool.

I have the IPhone and it is incredible. I love it! I hear Google is coming out with a phone (the Android) that they claim will blow away the IPhone. That is a pretty bold statement, I am curious to see it. The longer you can wait the better off you will be. Hopefully when it is time for me to get a new phone, there will be much more memory added

Android is a platform, not a phone...

well then Google has a platform they are releasing that they claim will blow away the IPhone. What do you know about this?

Its a (mostly) open source platfomr to allow software developers to create programs for.

http://code.google.com/android/what-is-android.html

The real benefit to the end-user will not be in what Google itself does, but what other developers make for the platform.

I have a Motorola Q9m through Verizon -- got it about a month ago. Need the smartphone features for work, and like it much better than the Treo I had before it. The "Good" service (Blackberry alternative) syncs Outlook seamlessly so when I send and delete e-mails from either my PC or my phone the other is updated automatically -- a huge plus.

The phone itself is very good so far -- great speakerphone. Decent camera.

And yes -- I enjoy texting every now and then. I probably send/receive fewer than five a week, but it's very convenient.

Its a (mostly) open source platfomr to allow software developers to create programs for.

http://code.google.com/android/what-is-android.html

The real benefit to the end-user will not be in what Google itself does, but what other developers make for the platform.

Unlike Apple, who doesn't allow anyone to do anything to the phone and it they do, they disable the phone completely. :lol:

Unlike Apple, who doesn't allow anyone to do anything to the phone and it they do, they disable the phone completely. :lol:

To be fair, I said (mostly) because Google is forcing people to write aps for it in Java, and is not allowing access to the low level APIs. It is also keeping some parts closed-source.

Last time I bought one (last year)..... I went with THIS ONE

This is similar to what my first cell phone was. Bet phone I ever had, never worried about signal, since it used a full 3 watts of analog power.

Now I have the Motorola V325. One thing I don't like, is the longer it stays on, the slower it gets responding to pressing the keys. So about every week or two, I turn it off, then back on, and it helps. Figure by doing that, I'm clearing something in its memory.

virgin mobile, it sends and receives phone calls and text messages, monthly contract, no long term commitment, works for me!

Same here

I charge it once a week or so and carry it around for emergencies.

I only answer incoming calls from certain numbers (people that know not to call me on that phone unless it's an emergency). Everybody else can call, not get answered, and leave a voicemail that I'll never check

For work I have a Blackberry 8830 and hate the :devil:'ing thing. Always ringing, and I have to answer it, check voice mail, and reply to emails on it :lol:

Why do you connect it to your PC? I never do - it syncs my email, calendar, contacts automatically (that's what the Blackberry does! :lol: ). I've never had a reason to connect it... Am I missing something though? :)

Well to download pics to my pc and ringtones and such. I'm cheap, i didn't get a data plan because I don't really need to check my email outside of when i'm home and i got the phone because it was free :wallbash:

Well to download pics to my pc and ringtones and such. I'm cheap, i didn't get a data plan because I don't really need to check my email outside of when i'm home and i got the phone because it was free :lol:

Ahhhh, that makes sense. I don't have to worry about any of that - my company has unlimited everything on the phone. I can't imagine what the phone bill must be since it's a giant pool. When I checked the minutes I had used for the month, it said something like 583,387. :wallbash:

Ahhhh, that makes sense. I don't have to worry about any of that - my company has unlimited everything on the phone. I can't imagine what the phone bill must be since it's a giant pool. When I checked the minutes I had used for the month, it said something like 583,387. :wallbash:

"Talk less, listen more."