What kind of cell phone do you have?

stevestojan

I got the same one. I've been having some issues with it though and I might return it with my warranty.

When i plug it into my PC and then do a safely remove, my computer freaks out and it shuts down. Also, the time/date seems to be reset every time i plug it into my pc.

Why do you connect it to your PC? I never do - it syncs my email, calendar, contacts automatically (that's what the Blackberry does! :thumbsup: ). I've never had a reason to connect it... Am I missing something though? :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be a homo as well. For me, text messaging is amazing. Why? because if you need to ask someone something quick, like "what bar we hanging out at tonight?" or "do i need to bring beer to this party?" etc, etc, etc... its SO much easier to text it over, wait for the response and be done rather than going through the actual phone call where, no matter how big of a prick you are, is impossible not to have some sort of conversation.

Exactly. I don't use it enough to justify going with the unlimited text messaging option, but I use it enough to know that it can be invaluable tool, especially when traveling, when I can't be interrupted by a full call or want to avoid a long conversation if possible.

I have the exact same one. Its a cool phone, but I like the other blackberry's better.

I find the full keyboards easier to use for emailing and typing. Also I find the roller ball sometimes difficult to use. I got it for free for signing a contract so I can't complain, the blackberry maps is a cool feature tool, but I haven't tried the GPS navigator on mine yet

I got the Blackberry from work -- I could choose the Pearl or the bigger, wider model with full keyboard. I found that with predictive text, I don't actually need the full keyboard to type

I have one of those LG phones that open up and have a keyboard. If I was a girl I would like it b/c then i could keep it in my purse but because I am a guy and and like to keep it in my front pocket i dont like it as much because it is too bulky in my front pocket.

I must be a homo as well. For me, text messaging is amazing. Why? because if you need to ask someone something quick, like "what bar we hanging out at tonight?" or "do i need to bring beer to this party?" etc, etc, etc... its SO much easier to text it over, wait for the response and be done rather than going through the actual phone call where, no matter how big of a prick you are, is impossible not to have some sort of conversation.

I have a smartphone for several reasons, including transfering office files around, but i also love it so i always have the internet around. I know "hot pocket generation", but I make no apologies for loving always having access to the web.

Exactly. Texting stuff that the other person would have to write down, using Google Maps on the fly, looking for movie times and buying the tickets while you're already out in the city, dinner reservations. I don't know why some people are so opposed to technology. If you don't want to be bothered by other people, just don't answer it when it rings.

Why do you connect it to your PC? I never do - it syncs my email, calendar, contacts automatically (that's what the Blackberry does! :thumbsup: ). I've never had a reason to connect it... Am I missing something though? :D

As I mentioned previously, I have a Sony/Ericsson W580i and it also functions as my ipod. I transfer lots of tunes to it through USB. The camera is adequate if I need one in a pinch. A quick connection to my PC to transfer that stuff is easy and I have no problem with either device when I do it.

I got the Blackberry from work -- I could choose the Pearl or the bigger, wider model with full keyboard. I found that with predictive text, I don't actually need the full keyboard to type

I hate that cause it never picks the right word. I get slright for alright, St for at, and some other stupid things like that

I hate that cause it never picks the right word. I get slright for alright, St for at, and some other stupid things like that

That'd probably be because alright isn't really a word; it's slang. :thumbsup:

The predictive text also learns what you type. So if you type st, then use the wheel to select "at," it learns that you're more likely to use "at" and next time that's what it'll use for you. You can probably teach it "alright" the same way -- type the first couple of letters, then confirm that they're "al," and keep adding letters until you get it. Next time, it'll just know what you want.

CW

I have the IPhone and it is incredible. I love it! I hear Google is coming out with a phone (the Android) that they claim will blow away the IPhone. That is a pretty bold statement, I am curious to see it. The longer you can wait the better off you will be. Hopefully when it is time for me to get a new phone, there will be much more memory added

That'd probably be because alright isn't really a word; it's slang. :lol:

The predictive text also learns what you type. So if you type st, then use the wheel to select "at," it learns that you're more likely to use "at" and next time that's what it'll use for you. You can probably teach it "alright" the same way -- type the first couple of letters, then confirm that they're "al," and keep adding letters until you get it. Next time, it'll just know what you want.

CW

but slright is a word?

Do you find the roller ball thing is hard to use to go up and down when trying to select a different word? I find mine works fine during most operations wbut is harder to use when trying to select a new word, i move it down, but it won't move down on the screen

but slright is a word?

Do you find the roller ball thing is hard to use to go up and down when trying to select a different word? I find mine works fine during most operations wbut is harder to use when trying to select a new word, i move it down, but it won't move down on the screen

Hmmm, good point on slright. :lol:

With mine I use the rollerball to go right/left and it works fine. I have noticed that on occasion the roller ball doesn't move up. If I keep rolling it, it eventually starts working again. Not sure if there's a problem with the contact or what - but it doesnt' seem to be a software issue.

Hmmm, good point on slright. :lol:

With mine I use the rollerball to go right/left and it works fine. I have noticed that on occasion the roller ball doesn't move up. If I keep rolling it, it eventually starts working again. Not sure if there's a problem with the contact or what - but it doesnt' seem to be a software issue.

I have the pearl and no probs. Maybe you need to wash your hands more often. A guy at work has one, and he calls his the black pearl because the ball is black from his fingure juices.