Heard on Sirius radio that JP

DJ has no idea what page he should be on. I can tell you this though, when he opens the play book, he skips the section marked "Offense".

Levy had no idea about offense either..He had great players..Great players make great coaches..Except for Belicheat..LOL

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many picks at bad times is what almost ALL rookie QBs do. J.P. is a four year vet who I still cringe everytime he drops back to pass. I'm not a J.P. hater, nor am I going to put blinders on when it comes to Edwards, but come on J.P. is an R.J. clone.

It's funny how people see things differently. I'm not a TE hater, but I think he is the RJ clone. Time will tell, we will see if Trent can stay on the field this year, My bet is NO.

That was no competition that was survival of the worst..LOL..Nall got hurt and was no competition and Holcombe was a joke..Lets be a little realistic..If they wanted competition they wouldve gone out and picked up Kitna and rolled the bones

I was referring to G. Host making an ass out of himself by saying something completely false and untrue, and then running away like a little girl when someone called him out on his stupidity.

Losman haters complain about him, but would be happy if Edwards put up the same numbers that Losman did his one year as a starter.Know if Bills start 1 and 4 with Edwards as starter and Edwards isn't doing good should we stick with him and let Losman come in.Last year Losman started againts better teams and didn't look too good.But I don't think Edwards would've won those games either.I think Losman could've beaten all the teams that Edwards beat .My reason is overall talent.Our overall talent wasn't good enough againts good teams.We beat the team we should've beat and lost to the teams that we should've lost to.Our defense couldn't stop any good offensive team except maybe Dallas.When we played N.E.the second time and Jacksonville we had A-train starting,Lynch was hurt.I don't think we won games last year because Edwards was our starting qb.We won because our team was better.I don't think any of our wins were upsets.

JP has the same chance of starting at QB that Mitt Romney does of getting the Republican nomination. If Edwards or McCain drop dead, then the job is theirs.

IF....Brandon said that, the guy is just doing what he feels to pump up an asset that he is trying to move. Could JP still be on this roster in September, possibly. Somebody better tell Turk that JP might be the starter, because he may want to scrap that 3-step, quick decision and accurate offense he was installing last week.

I'm sure my Ex-wife could turn into someone else's soulmate. That being said, I don't want her or JP within 50 feet of my team's balls.

Losman haters complain about him, but would be happy if Edwards put up the same numbers that Losman did his one year as a starter.Know if Bills start 1 and 4 with Edwards as starter and Edwards isn't doing good should we stick with him and let Losman come in.Last year Losman started againts better teams and didn't look too good.But I don't think Edwards would've won those games either.I think Losman could've beaten all the teams that Edwards beat .My reason is overall talent.Our overall talent wasn't good enough againts good teams.We beat the team we should've beat and lost to the teams that we should've lost to.Our defense couldn't stop any good offensive team except maybe Dallas.When we played N.E.the second time and Jacksonville we had A-train starting,Lynch was hurt.I don't think we won games last year because Edwards was our starting qb.We won because our team was better.I don't think any of our wins were upsets.

That is all good and fine, but exactly how many quality teams has a JP Losman led team beaten over the last few years? Not many...did they even beat any playoff bound teams in all that time? Maybe the Jets two seasons ago...but Trent can match that with a victory over the Redskins, where he actually had a huge hand in the victory.

Look, no QB is completely responsible when his team wins or loses, this "logic" is just silly. The truth is, JP has just stunk it up, more often than not, when he had a chance to step up. The first two games of this past season (Broncos, Steelers) were amongst the worst QB performances we have seen since the days when we were pulling for Alex Van Pelt and Todd Collins. For a guy to show he has taken charge of the position, JP didn't need to play perfect, just competantly. And he stunk. In both of those games, he had opportunities to make plays, and just didn't. He seemed spooked, and played like a basket case.

Trent Edwards may never turn out to be anything more than a decent backup QB, but the guy just doesn't seem to come unglued like Losman. For that reason alone, I think he has earned the starting job...and the fact that JP has done nothing to warrent an exclusive entitlement to it.

I'm all for competition in training camp and pre-season, because trent did little for me to instill a great confidence in him. But, whoever starts the season needs to start the entire season (barring injury). The QB cant keep looking over his shoulder during the season.

However, if i was a betting man, i'd say the safe money is on another season of musical QBs. Jauron needs to win and win now to save his job, so i dont think he'll hesitate to yank them in and out of the lineup to "provide a spark."

You think? I disagree. Last season Jauron only "yanked" for non-injury reasons once -- after the Jacksonville game. He then stuck w/ Edwards for the rest of the season despite inconsistent play in the bad weather. I believe Jauron understands the players' psyches and this aspect of the game to a much greater extent that people give him credit for.

Levy had no idea about offense either..He had great players..Great players make great coaches..Except for Belicheat..LOL

Yes, but he had a guy named Marchibroda who had been around the coaching block a time or two and he knew how to get the most from those great players. Jauron had a chance to hire a new OC this past off season. Maybe Turk will be a good one, but of all the people Jauron could have hired, will he be the best? If you looked at all possible candidates, would another coach conclude the Turk is the best OC out there? Looks like a path of least resistence hire to me.

JP has the same chance of starting at QB that Mitt Romney does of getting the Republican nomination. If Edwards or McCain drop dead, then the job is theirs.

IF....Brandon said that, the guy is just doing what he feels to pump up an asset that he is trying to move. Could JP still be on this roster in September, possibly. Somebody better tell Turk that JP might be the starter, because he may want to scrap that 3-step, quick decision and accurate offense he was installing last week.

I'm sure my Ex-wife could turn into someone else's soulmate. That being said, I don't want her or JP within 50 feet of my team's balls.

Just like JP, your ex-wife must have shown a great deal of promise at one time.

Yes, but he had a guy named Marchibroda who had been around the coaching block a time or two and he knew how to get the most from those great players. Jauron had a chance to hire a new OC this past off season. Maybe Turk will be a good one, but of all the people Jauron could have hired, will he be the best? If you looked at all possible candidates, would another coach conclude the Turk is the best OC out there? Looks like a path of least resistence hire to me.

Taking nothing away from Marchibroda, but the best thing he did to "get the most out of those great players" was get the hell out of the way and give Jimbo the keys to the car.

Is anyone under any illusion that Schonert has 'great' players to work with? Anyone? Your suggestion that Jauron could have hired someone better is a very safe way of saying "if our offense sucks as bad as it did under Fairchild then Jauron was stupid for hiring Schonert" 20/20 predictions we'll just have to wait and see about.

The fact is we DON'T have nearly as many talented players on this offense as Marchibroda did. Let's compare, shall we:

QB: HOFamer vs. 2nd year 3rd rd pick.

RB: HOFamer vs. 2nd year 1st rd pick.

WR: 1 HOFamer, another that will be, and one of the fastest to ever play the position vs. 1st rd pick with potential and two

slot receivers.

TE: One we named an entire offense after vs. Royal?

OL: 4 Pro-bowlers (and one more than should have been in Davis) vs. one Pro-bowler.

Hmm. Yeah, if only Jauron had gotten somebody good he could make chicken salad or this chicken sh*t.

You know, it's funny but I've YET to read ANY complaints about how bad Fairchild was during JP's 'breakout' year in '96.

GO BILLS!!!

Absofriggenlutely! And while you say 'except' for Belicheat I say 'including' Belicheat. Was he any less of a coach in Cleveland or his 1st couple years in NE? Did he suddenly 'remember' how to be a good coach? Funny, but when he got good players, especially the one he lucked out on, he became another genius.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes he did . I remember there haden't been a decent deep pass play all pre-season until Edwards droped a 40 yarder to some 3rd string nobody WR who dropped it.

uh, what?

in the bills second game against the falcons, losman hit evans for 36 yards, 29 in the air.

in the third game against the titans, losman hit price for 21 yards then price for 56 yards IN THE AIR. then he hit evans for a 64 yard touchdown.

blinded by homerism.

uh, what?

in the bills second game against the falcons, losman hit evans for 36 yards, 29 in the air.

in the third game against the titans, losman hit price for 21 yards then price for 56 yards IN THE AIR. then he hit evans for a 64 yard touchdown.

blinded by homerism.

Then what happened to him?

Taking nothing away from Marchibroda, but the best thing he did to "get the most out of those great players" was get the hell out of the way and give Jimbo the keys to the car.

Is anyone under any illusion that Schonert has 'great' players to work with? Anyone? Your suggestion that Jauron could have hired someone better is a very safe way of saying "if our offense sucks as bad as it did under Fairchild then Jauron was stupid for hiring Schonert" 20/20 predictions we'll just have to wait and see about.

The fact is we DON'T have nearly as many talented players on this offense as Marchibroda did. Let's compare, shall we:

QB: HOFamer vs. 2nd year 3rd rd pick.

RB: HOFamer vs. 2nd year 1st rd pick.

WR: 1 HOFamer, another that will be, and one of the fastest to ever play the position vs. 1st rd pick with potential and two

slot receivers.

TE: One we named an entire offense after vs. Royal?

OL: 4 Pro-bowlers (and one more than should have been in Davis) vs. one Pro-bowler.

Hmm. Yeah, if only Jauron had gotten somebody good he could make chicken salad or this chicken sh*t.

You know, it's funny but I've YET to read ANY complaints about how bad Fairchild was during JP's 'breakout' year in '96.

GO BILLS!!!

you made some good points and some really bad ones.

Yes, Marchibroda looked liked an outstanding OC when JK was calling his own plays. Was he a great OC? Subjective....

Fairchild was a terrible OC last season, just terrible. Going back to 2006 and comparing his performance is not worth the effort. I can't imagine the 2008 season with him on the sidelines. We should all send the CSU Board of Directors thank you cards, since they saved this team from retaining their offensive basement status, because Jauron (in all likelihood) would have kept him.

Jauron was in a tough position. He could promote Turk and take his chances that continuity trumped experience or he could go out on the open market and hire the latter. Then he's taking his chances that experience or reputation is worth starting over with a new system, and that his job might go out the window waiting for the team to jell. Since they haven't even started training camp, the jury is still out on that decision.

Last time I checked, you couldn't get that yellow blazer until you played a while and retired for a few years. So, comparing our current QB(s) and RB or any of our current roster to Levy's is pretty silly. Once again, we don't know and I'd venture to guess that we have no clue how they will compare until they've played together a while.

WR and TE are evolutionary this season. Will we draft and/or trade for a stud WR or 2? Will Evans shift gears and reach his potential? Will the current TEs or some draft pick lift this moribund position into a red zone threat and relief valve for a young quarterback? More crystal ball stuff. The real answer is that we need to get way better, quickly with our receiver corps.

IMO and others, we have 1 of the best OLs in many years and maybe a season or a player away from domination.

I'll stand up and say YES, we have some great players on this team right now!

With the purging of everything Donahoe related I at least hope they give this kid a chance to fight for the job. I am neither a JP or TE guy, I want the guy who wins the spot and puts up points I could care less if they put George Wilson back there.

I agree! Cept the George Wilson part. He couldn't catch Dennis 20 years ago, what makes you think he can play QB? He's a fat FiSD.

POINTS DAMMIT, GIVE ME POINTS!