• Jeff Otah OT
    • Philip Merling DE
    • Calais Campbell DE
    • Mike Jenkins CB
    • Aqib Talib CB
    • Malcolm Kelly WR
    • Attempt Trade Down First

Sweed @ 17 looks good.

I agree completely. I have the feeling that most of the people who voted for Astrobot to trade down had been under the impression he was still at #11, not #17.

@Astrobot: why do you plan to use a 3rd round pick on an OG, rather than on a center?

Thomas went at #15.

And yes, I realize that if I hadn't traded down with the Vikes, I would have been able to take Thomas at #11.

And I think Modrak's thinking the same thing.

But I got an extra 3rd Rounder. ;)

OK Astro...Thanks for answering...

In that scenario I would be thrilled with Sweed and an extra 3rd...

Very nice... :wallbash:

I agree completely. I have the feeling that most of the people who voted for Astrobot to trade down had been under the impression he was still at #11, not #17.

@Astrobot: why do you plan to use a 3rd round pick on an OG, rather than on a center?

Pollack is the only guy better than Fowler, and he won't be there past RD2, #42. With the DT's in our division, we need a big, smart Center with the ability to keep the middle solid. Justice and Sullivan don't fit that mold, and Legursky-Lichtensteiger-Jamey Richard will be 5th-6th Round picks. Fernando Velasco, the big OC from Georgia, might be a good pick in RD7.

Astro, why does Drafttek still have Chris Long going 1 when the Dolphins have already started contract negotiations with Jake Long? That pick would have a major impact on the rest of the top 15

Miami guy made a slip of the tongue yesterday (or the day before) that their pick would be a mainstay on the defensive front for a long time. Hopefully this will clear up in a couple days!

Pollack is the only guy better than Fowler, and he won't be there past RD2, #42. With the DT's in our division, we need a big, smart Center with the ability to keep the middle solid. Justice and Sullivan don't fit that mold, and Legursky-Lichtensteiger-Jamey Richard will be 5th-6th Round picks. Fernando Velasco, the big OC from Georgia, might be a good pick in RD7.

That makes sense. If the Bills were to acquire an additional second round pick, do you think it would be worthwhile to take Pollack?

That makes sense. If the Bills were to acquire an additional second round pick, do you think it would be worthwhile to take Pollack?

Pollack and Velasco are the two OC's I'm sold on. If I had to pick a 3rd, it'd be Jamie Richard from Buffalo. Velasco and Richard are probably 7th Rounders, and Pollack would be third on my short list at Round 2:

Round 2 #42

1-----Martellus Bennett TE - Tx A&M 259 above avg blk 12ypc

2-----Trevor Laws DT - Notre Dame

3-----Mike Pollak OC -Arizona State (G and C)

4-----Reggie Smith CB- Okla 4.4, safety exper, KR,PR

5-----Justin King CB-Penn St 4.3 avg tkl, shoulder

Pollack and Velasco are the two OC's I'm sold on. If I had to pick a 3rd, it'd be Jamie Richard from Buffalo. Velasco and Richard are probably 7th Rounders, and Pollack would be third on my short list at Round 2:

Round 2 #42

1-----Martellus Bennett TE - Tx A&M 259 above avg blk 12ypc

2-----Trevor Laws DT - Notre Dame

3-----Mike Pollak OC -Arizona State (G and C)

4-----Reggie Smith CB- Okla 4.4, safety exper, KR,PR

5-----Justin King CB-Penn St 4.3 avg tkl, shoulder

In that case, using a 2nd round pick on him is an interesting option. The Bills could trade down in round 1; receiving either a 2nd or 3rd round pick for doing so. If it's a 3rd, they could trade their two 3rds for a 2nd. Then with their 1st round pick, they'd take Limas Sweed. Their two 2nds would be spent on Bennett (TE) and Pollack ©. Owen Schmitt would be taken in round 4. A draft like that could easily provide real answers to each of the offense's major problems.